Minneapolis Weather - Saturday

I was gonna say.. pretty sure the regional has only been around for two years. Since the stadium is fairly new.

This will be year 4 if I remember correctly. Would love to make it out there one of these years.

• Like 2

I was gonna say.. pretty sure the regional has only been around for two years. Since the stadium is fairly new.

It's three years old, it was rained out in 2010, and delayed last year because of weather. San Antonio, Atlanta, and Indy haven't been rained out yet.... so pretty sure the domed stadiums are better for regionals. And yes, I know that part of Atlanta flooded in 2006 because of rain, but I don't believe it cancelled or affected the show.

Just like every other year. I think there has only been one Minneapolis regional that hasn't been rain/tornado effected. Maybe it really isn't the best location, since this keeps happening. All of the rainouts at this regional are almost an argument for the domed stadium, since you can't have a rainout there. Not even last year when the huge storms went through Indy did the show stop.

Not to be too particular, but that was 2 years ago.

I agree, however I think they keep in there and as soon as the new Vikings stadium is built I see this show moving there, another dome. I agree with the other poster too about not liking the way it sounds as much as outside, but...the cost of the trip to include tickets, hotels, food, merchandise, time off work and having most major corps being there would make it worth it to me to see this show moved to the new domed Vikings Stadium.

I'm hoping we are all wrong about the weather this time. for the record, I'm usually the other way.

Not sure I agree, I mean, if that is the case why hasn't the show been at the Metrodome the last several years?

Not sure I agree, I mean, if that is the case why hasn't the show been at the Metrodome the last several years?

the echo and accoustics are horrendous. Listen to any tape of the Minnesota Youth on the March State Band championships.

Besides where would Madison and Phantom practice for Atlanta while the MN Regionals are still going on (they were sneaky, didn't think we knew about that, heh? Gotta get up pretty early in the wee morning to sneak that one by ole DT1.)

Actually, given the roof tears, the snow cave-ins, and the announced future destruction of the M'Dome, isn't a contest there already like having a contest outdoors???

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

As drilltech said, it has absolutely terrible acoustics. Also a lot of the time in the summer it is set up for baseball.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this regional over the next few years. With the metrodome being demolished and TCF being torn apart to add heating coils and new turf for the Vikings, I wonder where it will go if it has to move. There are no other large event stadiums in Minnesota that could host it. Maybe a jaunt over to Camp Randall?

• Like 1

It's three years old, it was rained out in 2010, and delayed last year because of weather. San Antonio, Atlanta, and Indy haven't been rained out yet.... so pretty sure the domed stadiums are better for regionals. And yes, I know that part of Atlanta flooded in 2006 because of rain, but I don't believe it cancelled or affected the show.

When was it delayed? I was around the stadium for most of the day and have no memory of any delay at all. Weather was great last year.