Delightful Dekalb

BD - I actually liked this show, musically. Way too much stuff/props on the field. Soloists were awesome, and was the drumline.Coats - 1st time seeing them -very loud. Having bleahers just so members can walk up them & play seems pointless to me. Drumline is good. Very good show.CC - look like hats that a preschool made for craft time. Horn line is unreal. Volume/technique/dynamics. Drum line was very dirty @ times, but I can't see them losing today.INT is on

At the show, 26 rows up. Havent been able to understand Dan Potter all night.

Blue Devils. I like most of the show but their visual and brass just aren't living up to their scores IMO

Bluecoats. Came across way better in person than it does online. Brass sounds great although they don't play very much it doesn't feel like.

Crown. Utterly amazing brass. The crowds favorite so far by far.

BD - I actually liked this show, musically. Way too much stuff/props on the field. Soloists were awesome, and was the drumline.Coats - 1st time seeing them -very loud. Having bleahers just so members can walk up them & play seems pointless to me. Drumline is good. Very good show.CC - look like hats that a preschool made for craft time. Horn line is unreal. Volume/technique/dynamics. Drum line was very dirty @ times, but I can't see them losing today.INT is on

Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated.

I actually bought the source material that BD used for their show this year. I can definitely see what they're doing better now after listening through the album. Much more appreciation for their show than I had before.

• Like 1

If there were a competition for best hashtags used relating to a drum corps, Crown would win

#purplepantsband

#doyoulovemejohn

#onetwothreefourfivesixseveneight

Also being used:

#creamteamforever

#crownstrong

Ironically enough, from Cadets twitter:

"We could post from Vine during warmups, but 6 seconds really wouldn't do justice for Mahler, now would it?"

tumblr_mpyet71Kco1s3zhj2o1_1280.jpg

tongue.gif

Wow...the DM's uniform fits terrible. Just sayin'