San Antonio Showdown

I may have missed this discussion in this thread but I thought after reading on DCI that the line up for San Antonio will be based on the Minneapolis competitive results. But I see Blue Devils are performing last. Didn't Crown win Minneapolis? Hmmmm :music:

• Like 1

I may have missed this discussion in this thread but I thought after reading on DCI that the line up for San Antonio will be based on the Minneapolis competitive results. But I see Blue Devils are performing last. Didn't Crown win Minneapolis? Hmmmm :music:/>/>

They have a random drawing in groups of 3. i.e. 1,2,3 4,5,6 etc

Edited by bass5

They have a random drawing in groups of 3. i.e. 1,2,3 4,5,6 etc

thats right.. I think the heat is warping my brain. :tongue:

http://youtu.be/0IpcashJm-A?t=10m50s

What do you guys think of SCVs new "tag" at the end?

I dunno, I kinda liked the old version better, musically. Is the drill new too?

I seem to be in the minority, but I think I actually like the new ending better. Will get a better view/listen of it tomorrow in SA, but I like the way it flows better. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/0IpcashJm-A?t=10m50s

What do you guys think of SCVs new "tag" at the end?

I dunno, I kinda liked the old version better, musically. Is the drill new too?

They need to do more with "Do You Hear The People Sing?" Maybe... finish out the actual originally composed musical phrase!!!! It would sound so much better. After the company front though... I love it. Much more impact. I hope they do mess with the company front music a little more. I remember last year when they first added Music of the Night... it was cool and all.. but it was like twice as fast as it should have been and just didn't sound right. Got the same feeling from this. JUST FINISH THE PHRASE! Actually... so they finish out the phrase... it's an open ended phrase... stay in the company front (or maybe they aren't there yet).. and then for the consequent phrase.. you really push towards the crowd and let it all lose. This is classic SCV... and throwing babies drum corps. Then you have all the big power chords at the end, and you just have to keep it going... you'll have them on their feet for quite sometime. Guaranteed.. nothing original at all. But it is proven. It works. Every time. I hope ya'll get what I mean.. I hope Jeff F... or someone is reading this right now make it happen..... or make something better happen. This ending is not it yet! I will not settle until I absolutely love this show! And it's not absolute love until they get this ending right!

And I'll step down now and I wish I was in SA so I can see my Bones family. It is awesome that the strong family feeling from Crossmen is still alive and well down in Texas. The state really loves it's hometown corps. Even when i marched in year 2 and 3 down in Texas we were welcomed very lovingly. Can't wait to welcome them back up here for West Chester and Allentown though!

Lucky corps... they can call two places home...

• Like 1