Phantom Regiment 2013- too much of a good thing?

Gosh, I think we have a lot of frustrated designers sitting around waiting to take control of Regiment's show here. Have any of you applied to step in and "save their show"? :rock:/> give it a chance. A week ago you were agonizing how boring the show is. What a shame that all this design talent is wasted on a web chat room. What a pity more of you haven't the time to go out there and instruct for a season!

• Like 6

Gosh, I think we have a lot of frustrated designers sitting around waiting to take control of Regiment's show here. Have any of you applied to step in and "save their show"? :rock:/>/> give it a chance. A week ago you were agonizing how boring the show is. What a shame that all this design talent is wasted on a web chat room. What a pity more of you haven't the time to go out there and instruct for a season!

Agreed

• Like 1

Gosh, I think we have a lot of frustrated designers sitting around waiting to take control of Regiment's show here. Have any of you applied to step in and "save their show"? :rock:/>/> give it a chance. A week ago you were agonizing how boring the show is. What a shame that all this design talent is wasted on a web chat room. What a pity more of you haven't the time to go out there and instruct for a season!

What a ridiculous thing to say. One doesn't need to be a designer in order to voice an opinion on the puppet. (Would you try to say that only a professional singer could recognize a bad one? Please.) I, personally, don't need to "give it a chance" -- it is what it is and multiple viewings isn't going to change my mind. If you like it, fine, good for you.

• Like 5

What a ridiculous thing to say. One doesn't need to be a designer in order to voice an opinion on the puppet. (Would you try to say that only a professional singer could recognize a bad one? Please.) I, personally, don't need to "give it a chance" -- it is what it is and multiple viewings isn't going to change my mind. If you like it, fine, good for you.

Don't speak for me thanks. Didn't say I liked it...Just waiting to see how it develops for pity's sake.

So when did DCP get so judgmental??????

• Like 2

Don't speak for me thanks. Didn't say I liked it...Just waiting to see how it develops for pity's sake.

Fair enough. A poor assumption on my part. I'll say the same to you regarding any of us as being "frustrated" by it. (I'm certainly not.)

So when did DCP get so judgmental??????

I was stating an opinion, same as you. (I'd certainly argue that your post was no less "judgmental." )

I think they were probably going for something like this:

EvilQueen2cuPUP.jpg

But end up looking like this:

il_570xN.272870540.jpg

LOL, not far off. It was just a strange juxtaposition for me. I couldn't wrap my mind around how any of the characters (played by living, breathing people, BTW)--or the audience, for that matter-- were supposed to be affected by this giant, rickety looking puppet thing. (I was half afraid it might tip over.) I actually like the idea (within the concept of this show) of an evil princess. Just not a ten foot tall Bride of Chucky.

I think they were probably going for something like this:

EvilQueen2cuPUP.jpg

But end up looking like this:

il_570xN.272870540.jpg

]

LOL, might as well be

Okay, you got me at "Bride of Chucky"... Quite funny. I'm just a little worn by all this, it has to be perfect right now to compete mentality. It doesn't count until finals.... Let it develop is all I'm sayin'.

PEACE

and out. SUTA!