Lebanonpalooza

I have to say I was surprised when I saw/heard BD amp their soloists. I never would have guessed they would need/want that.

BD's been amping their soloists every year for a while now. I don't think it's necessary, mutes or no--brass instruments can be heard if the rest of the corps is playing at the appropriate volume. This year, BD pipes the soloists through a lot of reverb to make things sound like the 70s jazz record they are aping.

2002 Blue Devils...no amped brass required! :worthy:

• Like 3

BD's been amping their soloists every year for a while now. I don't think it's necessary, mutes or no--brass instruments can be heard if the rest of the corps is playing at the appropriate volume. This year, BD pipes the soloists through a lot of reverb to make things sound like the 70s jazz record they are aping.

Yeah that was one of my girlfriends (first drum corps show) biggest gripes with bd. "All the solos sounded pre recorded and too reverby"

Personally I like the sound that BD is going after with the solos. I saw the performance from Warrensburg and it sounded like the mics were messing up a little. That or they just took out a solo or 2.

Imo the solos sounded cool last night, but it would be allot cooler of an effect if they produced those sounds acoustically.

I'm thinking at Finals in the Oil Can they will be able to do just that. :-)

I was at the show last night. Like someone else on here, I wish they could move this show to a much bigger venue. I liked it when it was in Alton, because Public School Stadium seats a lot more people. However, Lebanon is a really good host.

As for the performances, it's nice to see Crown make a big jump. I have really enjoyed their show this year. The Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment are performing well, but their shows don't have that "WOW" factor to me. I also enjoyed Troopers and very impressed with them in Minneapolis.