Thank You Oregon Crusaders

Here's one of my favorites that was taken in Palo Duro Canyon State Park about 10 miles east of me. (BEAUTIFUL park if you're ever in the area!)

Nah I want a pic from your living room thunder theater haha.

That sounds incredibly creepy *LET ME SEE THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOUSE* :ph34r:

I just hope that OC bringing the rain was some kind of positive omen for the 2013 season.

We have some heat and humidity we could send your way from the north east too! Lol

First 4:00pm thunderstorms for like two weeks straight.. now a heat wave... with the a crap ton of ozone... and let's not talk about the predicted heat index for Friday.

Glad you guys got some rain though.. weather patterns have been effed up this year.

Please don't! We have enough heat and humidity down here to make a sauna :tounge2:

"For months, east Texas has been suffering through a debilitating drought. But as the Oregon Crusaders arrived today near Amarillo in Bushland, Texas, they received more than 2 inches of rain. And to that, we humbly say "You're Welcome." — at Bushland High School."

Beats sitting thru a slight rain storm at a DCA show in Carlisle in the 80s and Steel City Ambassadors start playing "Stormy Weather". By the time they were done playing the slight rain turned into a monsoon.

Mentioned it a few years back on here and Steel City guys still remembered it.... :shutup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So a little backstory. I live in the Texas panhandle, the little part that sticks up. We probably got more rain in the last two days than the rest of the year combined. We've been needing it badly. The Oregon Crusaders were rehearsing in Bushland Texas about 30 minutes away from where I live and 45 minutes from where I work. They posted the following pic. and statement on Facebook:

935043_10152995652050162_1674519453_n.jpg

"For months, east Texas has been suffering through a debilitating drought. But as the Oregon Crusaders arrived today near Amarillo in Bushland, Texas, they received more than 2 inches of rain. And to that, we humbly say "You're Welcome." — at Bushland High School."

This made my horrible week I've been having a lot better. I might just have to stop by their souvie booth in San Antonio and say thank you in person. (It's technically West Texas, but who cares? I think the panhandle should be North Texas, not Dallas and El Paso West Texas, but whatever!) :tongue:/>

Maybe this was stupid to post, but it made me laugh, a lot when I needed it. So thank you Oregon! :thumbup:/> Bring some more rain from the Pacific Northwest next year! :smile:/>

It's the little things in life.

Good stuff - I spent a year out in San Angelo in the USAF back in 1971 and when it finally rained people started building arks - it rained like the end of the world.

Agree with you about North Texas - here in the DFW area it's more like back East than what I remember of West Texas. No Texans here - just people like me who came out here to work.

That's what you get for having a thriving economy and reasonable cost of living.

Love the little things like the many museums and Fort Worth Symphony too. First time I could ever afford a subscription. The tickets for both my wife and me are less than the parking was at Boston's Symphony Hall, and the parking here is free.