downingtown

Shenanigans???????????

Clearly you may disagree with one or more of the judges, but to say you saw "Shenanigans" is a very strong statement that has an underlying meaning which might indicate colusion, a conspiracy or other agreements between the judges to influence the outcome... that is a VERY bad accusation that you can never prove and which I believe is NOT the case... I've seen some bad judging in my time but in over 50 years I only seen "Shenanigans" ONCE.... considering the hundreds of shows involved and the intensity of the activity, I believe "somebody" is doing a good job in overseeing the judging... not perfect but doesn't deserve the word Shenanigans

No conspiracy theories here, Tom. In this case, the term is meant only to describe wacky numbers that don't make sense based on what I (and those around me) saw and heard. It's a term used by corps staff members of many drum corps to describe scores that don't make any sense. Nobody is accusing DCA judges of collusion or anything underhanded (especially the judges in question here). Besides, you know me well enough from my posts here over the years that if I was going to do that, I'd do it straight up.

If you can find a better term for judges blowing it, feel free to apply it.

• Like 1

Please stop being lazy and post what he is saying. Some of us don't have twitter and want to follow what's going on. It's kind of a big show at this point in the season

and some people don't want to repost it.

deal

• Like 1

Let see 29 users are reading this page hopeing to hear coments on each corps yet no one's posting info. that sucks

no offense, I was taking notes for DCW and keeping the phone clear in case the babysitters needed us.

Sorry to ruin your night

:rolleyes:/>

• Like 1

review to come very brief thoughts on a few things:

I'm sure the review will not make some friends.

White Sabers are the real ####### deal. best they have ever been.

Bucs/MBI.....whew. Could it be 2011 all over again? Well, my thought tonight is the same one I had after Lewisburg in 2011....get the missing bodies in there, add more energy to the ending...and maybe....but Bucs aren't no slouch.

C2...like the show, though several transitions felt abrupt. totally dug the new take on Rue Plumet. brass needs to get a handle on the drill...stamina clearly wanes at the end.

Annapolis is gonna be fun

• Like 2

Hey all, just got home and saw the scores.

I have no problem at all with Bucs winning the show, but that 1 point spread was way too much. The captions where I saw some serious shenanigans on the recap are brass (MBI was clearly several tenths better than Reading) and color guard (Bucs and MBI were a toss up, if not with MBI a tad better). MBI is, at most, tenths behind Bucs. They are the real deal, and it's a better program than the show they won with two years ago. MBI's show is *wildly* entertaining, while Bucs rely more on effect by achievement/excellence. Annapolis is going to be really interesting.

The judges also, once again, gave Cadets2 a bit if a raw deal. They aren't really more than two points or so behind MBI/Reading, and the crowd loved them.

And guess what usually wins?

• Like 2

And guess what usually wins?

C'mon, VO. We all can see the beads of sweat forming on your forehead. :tongue:

• Like 2

C'mon, VO. We all can see the beads of sweat forming on your forehead. :tongue:/>

LOL! But as long as achievement and excellence rule the day, all is good! Because I'm sure we would all agree that achievement and excellence have always been the criteria by which our activity is judged. And if that's NOT the case, I'll put the Mummers out on the field and beat ya'll by ten points!

• Like 2

LOL! But as long as achievement and excellence rule the day, all is good! Because I'm sure we would all agree that achievement and excellence have always been the criteria by which our activity is judged. And if that's NOT the case, I'll put the Mummers out on the field and beat ya'll by ten points!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So... are you saying "Golden Slippers" is not a good choice for a show theme??? :tongue:

VO, John never said, in any of his tweets/posts, that MBI doesn't have loads of "achievement and excellence" in their show, too. Just like they did in 2011. Heck, just like they do every year.

Just like the Empire Statesmen, Caballeros and other perennial contenders. And, obviously, the Buccaneers as well... no question. The Bucs are still the corps to beat.

"Wildly entertaining" and "excellent" aren't mutually exclusive. And, especially on the DCA side, they shouldn't be. Ever. We frankly could use more corps that not only aim for "achievement and excellence" but also have the "wildly entertaining" mindset, in show design and performance. A thread for another day... after the season is over.

For now, let's all enjoy the home stretch and give our support to all the corps... lots of competition and good drum corps at all levels this summer!!!

• Like 2

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

So... are you saying "Golden Slippers" is not a good choice for a show theme??? tongue.gif

VO, John never said, in any of his tweets/posts, that MBI doesn't have loads of "achievement and excellence" in their show, too. Just like they did in 2011. Heck, just like they do every year.

Just like the Empire Statesmen, Caballeros and other perennial contenders. And, obviously, the Buccaneers as well... no question. The Bucs are still the corps to beat.

"Wildly entertaining" and "excellent" aren't mutually exclusive. And, especially on the DCA side, they shouldn't be. Ever. We frankly could use more corps that not only aim for "achievement and excellence" but also have the "wildly entertaining" mindset, in show design and performance. A thread for another day... after the season is over.

For now, let's all enjoy the home stretch and give our support to all the corps... lots of competition and good drum corps at all levels this summer!!!

the home stretch. WOW! the just got started and we are in the home stretch. when i marched we had 2 months in. some times 2 1/2 months. just sayin............

the home stretch. WOW! the just got started and we are in the home stretch. when i marched we had 2 months in. some times 2 1/2 months. just sayin............

I remember it well, Don. Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.

Summer goes by too quickly.