downingtown

LOL! But as long as achievement and excellence rule the day, all is good! Because I'm sure we would all agree that achievement and excellence have always been the criteria by which our activity is judged. And if that's NOT the case, I'll put the Mummers out on the field and beat ya'll by ten points!

it's close enough that achievementmay trump demand in a few weeks

• Like 1

I remember it well, Don. Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.

Summer goes by too quickly.

i remember some years way back when we started in canada in mid may and ended after labor day. those were some real long seasons. i thought they would never end. yeeooowww! i know peashey remembers that.

i remember some years way back when we started in canada in mid may and ended after labor day. those were some real long seasons. i thought they would never end. yeeooowww! i know peashey remembers that.

you child you... Labor Day??? I remember when the May shows went on until DCA which has been as late as 9/21 (Bridgeport DCA #2 in 1966... my FIRST DCA championship)

you child you... Labor Day??? I remember when the May shows went on until DCA which has been as late as 9/21 (Bridgeport DCA #2 in 1966... my FIRST DCA championship)

in 1969 we had our first show in hamilton canada on may 21st. and we did a show in canada after DCA. sometime in september. it was not a DCA show but we did it. and if you remember the syracuse show in 1964 was in mid september.

1963 - shows in October & the winning corps:

Sunday October 6 PBA Invitational Union City NJ Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Sunday October 6 Paterson NJ Greater NY M&M Circuit Bronx Kingsmen

Sunday October 6 Penn-Jersey Championship Newark NJ Penn-Jersey Association St. Lucy's Cadets

Sunday October 13 2nd Annual Tops In Tones Prospect NY Fulton Gauchos

Sunday October 13 Haverhill MA Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights

Sunday October 20 Fall Spectacular New York NY Privateers

:-)

1963 - shows in October & the winning corps:

Sunday October 6 PBA Invitational Union City NJ Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Sunday October 6 Paterson NJ Greater NY M&M Circuit Bronx Kingsmen

Sunday October 6 Penn-Jersey Championship Newark NJ Penn-Jersey Association St. Lucy's Cadets

Sunday October 13 2nd Annual Tops In Tones Prospect NY Fulton Gauchos

Sunday October 13 Haverhill MA Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights

Sunday October 20 Fall Spectacular New York NY Privateers

:-)

if i had to do shows in october i would have shot myself...............LOL

if i had to do shows in october i would have shot myself...............LOL

I hear ya, Don!!!

I think the latest my junior corps went was the weekend after Labor Day. That weekend was the NJ American Legion state championship in Wildwood. Then done for the season.

Except for a million fireman's parades in the fall. :tongue:

Three DCA shows next Saturday and one on Sunday.

Chuck is probably already gazing into his crystal ball for the predicted results!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Three DCA shows next Saturday and one on Sunday.

Chuck is probably already gazing into his crystal ball for the predicted results!!! thumbup.gif

i looked in mine.........it's an 8 ball............it said maybe next time..........LOL. w00t.gif

i looked in mine.........it's an 8 ball............it said maybe next time..........LOL. w00t.gif

Wow... remember those "Magic 8-Ball" things?

You could just keep shaking the thing until the saying you wanted to see popped up. :tongue: