Allentown--parking

Does anyone have any good tips for parking locations at Allentown? Last year I was left with little choice but to park on the street in a (ahem) not-so-great section of town. I realize there aren't many choices, but if anyone has any sweet spots their willing to share, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Does anyone have any good tips for parking locations at Allentown? Last year I was left with little choice but to park on the street in a (ahem) not-so-great section of town. I realize there aren't many choices, but if anyone has any sweet spots their willing to share, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Across the street (Hamilton Blvd.) from the Hamilton Family Restaurant is a quiet middle class neighborhood that usually has lots of unused parking space. But, be VERY careful crossing Hamilton Blvd. on foot. Cars zoom through there.

The best advice I have is to get there early. I usually get there early in the afternoon, have a picnic in the park with fellow alumni and never have a parking problem.

• Like 1

Here's what I do every year - never an issue and zero traffic getting out - if coming off of 78 and going down Hamilton, once the Park begins on your left, on your right there will be some apartment building and VERY steep uphill streets. I always park on one of those streets. There are a few advantages:

1 - Walking to the stadium, you have to go through the park (ie, the "lot") and get to see corps warming up

2 - You're near places to eat (Yoccos, Family restaurant place, etc)

3 - You're at the bottom gate of the stadium which is usually where there are more bathrooms in case you have to go.

4 - When the show is over, there is almost never any traffic to content with (if you're making a left on hamilton back to 78)

Disadvantage - you're at the bottom gate and have to walk up that path in the stadium, which I know for some people that can be an issue.

Best parking is on Chew Street. Do not tell anyone!

Chew Street is behind the press box, beyond Greenwood Cemetery.

There is ample, free street parking on both sides of Chew Street, immediately west of the Allentown Fairgrounds.

You will readily see the stadium lights from Chew.

Once you have parked, there is a safe alley that runs along the cemetery to J Birney Crum.

This is ideal parking. There is room for 50-70 cars. Get there when the gates open, and tailgate, or visit the nearby Fairgrounds for a pickle on a stick.

Here's the area I was talking about (23rd, 24th, berks, etc):

Allentown Parking

Edited by frachel

Across the street (Hamilton Blvd.) from the Hamilton Family Restaurant is a quiet middle class neighborhood that usually has lots of unused parking space. But, be VERY careful crossing Hamilton Blvd. on foot. Cars zoom through there.

yes. Ask Westshore's #2 bass player....45 minutes before the show