Booing is not cool at a drum corps show

Friends of the drum corps activity:

While attending shows over this past weekend, including Atlanta (and hearing from a number of fans at Charlotte), I'm becoming so turned off by rude fan behavior in booing whenever (name the corps) doesn't place where they want them to place. Folks, this has got to stop!!!

If people want to boo, then go see a professional sporting event. At least you're booing professionals that earn a living playing a game. But PLEASE, stop booing at a drum corps event. I don't care what the reason is, there is absolutely no place for booing in drum corps.

Please remember that every kid on that field has worked so darn hard to perfect their individual contribution and to help produce a show as a corps that is as perfect as possible. It doesn't matter if it's the last place corps in open class or the gold medal winner in world class. Sweat is sweat, hard work is hard work. No one, not a single performer deserves to hear any cackle of boos - for whatever reason and motivation of the "fan".

I hope there are many others like myself that feels really sick and tired of the boo-birds. If you want to boo, stay home and boo all you want while watching the fan network.

PS - While I'm in the mood for complaining - enough of the fans who yell during the finals performances just to hear themselves on the recording. Yell, scream, root, cheer - but do it appropriately and respectfully.

Now, back to drum corps and my excitement for the home stretch of what's been a terrific season!!!

edited for:

Please know that as a long time fan of the activity, I know that the vast majority of fans wouldn't ever boo at a drum corps show . I mean no disrespect to the many passionate fans, parents, marching members, and other supporters of the activity - including the passionate fans of DCP. It's the few - but sometimes, vociferous few, as of late that are creating a bit of animosity.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 9

Totally agree!

These performers work so hard to improve their shows!

People do have a right to boo if they want, but .. just because you have a right to pick your nose and fart in public doesn't mean you should.

• Like 2

I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of the booing is done by clueless high school band kids who don't know any better. Yet.

They're there in big groups, sitting together. One starts to boo, the group joins in. If anybody has actually witnessed people booing, as in seeing the actual person making the noise, and it wasn't a high school band kid: please correct me.

So many anti boo threads. I dont care about booing now because of it.

• Like 1

That's great. I hope there are many others who agree that there's no place for booing in drum corps.

I'm still looking for the first poster on DCP that tells us he or she boos at Drum Corps shows.

Com'on you DCP boo birds... we know you're out there ! Own up to it, and cut that out !!

So many anti boo threads. I dont care about booing now because of it.

I understand your angst, but please do not engage in booing any anti boo threads, ok ?

Edited by BRASSO