Phantom '08....Carolina Crown '13

Ok,,,,and,

"In My Mind I'm Going To Carolina. Can't You See The Sunshine, This Feeling Lasts For a Lifetime, Something That I Have Come To Find, I'll Never Leave Behind, Yes I'm Going to Carolina In My Mind."

Thank you Carolina Crown for giving us something special to rally around this summer!!!

• Like 4

Ok,,,,and,

"In My Mind I'm Going To Carolina. Can't You See The Sunshine, This Feeling Lasts For a Lifetime, Something That I Have Come To Find, I'll Never Leave Behind, Yes I'm Going to Carolina In My Mind."

Thank you Carolina Crown for giving us something special to rally around this summer!!!

Alumni unite!

Unfortunately...the only reality in this comparison is the similarity of the BD08 and CC13 Percussion situation. On the bright side...should CC lose this year (and that remains a possibility)...remember, after that in 08, BD didn't loss again for over 2 years...including an undefeated Percussion section the following year. I will also add that PR08 were never dominant that year (certainly not the way CC has been this year) and more or less came out of the pack lead by an incredible percussion section. But yes, it is exciting this year.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2

Except Phantom outscored BD at 2008's Eastern Classic, coming in second to Cavaliers. With BD and Crown gapped down to a tight 3-4. So if Crown is Phantom, then BD is Cavaliers, Cadets are BD, and SCV is Crown.

The timing's a little different, but I think SCV is more likely to be the Phantom of 2008. Crown seems to be the Cavaliers of 2008 at this point. Either that or BD is the Cavaliers of 2008 and Crown is the Blue Devils and Cadets are Crown. Phantom is Cadets in this scenario.

:blink: I think I just confused myself.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 6

I can't think of any scenario where CC13 and PR08 are similar.

CC13 and SCV99 is a better example.

Dominant for most of the year.....suddenly Blue Devils take the lead in late July and CC/SCV come storming back.

PR came out of nowhere.

• Like 2

I can't think of any scenario where CC13 and PR08 are similar.

CC13 and SCV99 is a better example.

Dominant for most of the year.....suddenly Blue Devils take the lead in late July and CC/SCV come storming back.

PR came out of nowhere.

And I don't remember being as enamored by PR'08 during the season. I was blown away by them in the last two weeks but was meh about the rest of the season.

But this Crown show captured me and many, many more from San Antonio, and nearly every show since has gotten better and better.

PR'08 was like having just the icing - and it was GOOD (yum!) - but CC'13 so far is cake. Fulfilling just the same as PR's icing. If CC wins it truly will be having both the icing on scrumptious cake.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Yeah.... I recall watching Phantom Regiment at DATR in 2008 online somehow...was Fan Network around then? I VIVIDLY remember laughing out loud at how cheesy the "LIVE OR DIE" section was. I thought the whole thing was a ball of Velveeta! But when I saw them in Bloomington, Holy crap..... They had me at Hello! $2 to Renee Zellweger

• Like 1

In 2008, Phantom's show was pretty iffy at the beginning. SCV beat them once or twice in the early season as well. I remember seeing them at Stanford, and thinking Phantom would be destined for 6th at best. Saw them again at Finals, and could not believe the change that show had gone through.

Crown this season though had been super solid all of the way from day 1. Sure, it needed changes, but every show does to be the most effective.

Edited by fsubone