TOC Fiasco on the FN

If they're basing their evaluation this year on revenue, they're screwed before they even started. They announced its availability TWO WEEKS before the event, with no follow up advertising whatsoever. I cannot imagine this is anything other than a feasibility study on DCI's part, else the amount of staggering short-sightedness involved in planning this might make my head explode.

Mike

I absolutely agree that their expectations will be low for Finals PPV.

This is the second such event that is announced at the last minute. DrumLine Battle and Soundsport were handled the same way.

Leads me to believe that there's a modus exposed here.

Come to think of it, Fred, providing complementary streaming of finals to all FN subscribers might be considered appropriate compensation (in lieu of a refund) for all the FN issues this year to date -- not just the Buffalo debacle.

And to barigirl78: you are certainly free to waste your money on anything you choose! cool.gif

Mr. Hughes - I think you've got something there! Although, refunds to those who already bought-in to the additional charge then become a factor.

MikeN - I suppose DCI was afraid the Pay-per-View Finals option would affect the live gate. Wait 'til NEXT year!

Truth be told, I believe the decision to offer Finals Pay-per-View is brilliant. In the end, I think DCI will begin to realize nearly as much revenue from Pay-per-View as it does live gate. It could take a few years, but that's where I believe our audience is leaning, for many reasons.

Trust me, Dan knows all about this concept. Speaking with him Friday, I am convinced he understands the ramifications behind this decision. Further, i would NOT hold Dan responsible for the Buffalo product in any way. The man's been a whipping boy for so much. Please don't lay Buffalo on him.

The intermediate ISP story is impossible, IMO. Sounded like they had the mike on the high-cam and the mike(s) on the close-up cam(s) both feeding into the mix. It wasn't just an echo, it was two different qualities of sound mixed at a 0.2-0.5 second difference in timing. An ISP issue would not cause *that* kind of corruption of the audio track. It's not possible.

Trust me, Dan knows all about this concept. Speaking with him Friday, I am convinced he understands the ramifications behind this decision. Further, i would NOT hold Dan responsible for the Buffalo product in any way. The man's been a whipping boy for so much. Please don't lay Buffalo on him.

PUHleeze.

It might not be his fault, but it is his responsibility.

Let me guess, he told you this.

:tongue:/>

(I'm kidding. I happen to agree with you to a large extent, but I just couldn't pass on taking the shot.)

PUHleeze.

George, I believe it's Dan's responsibility to RESPOND effectively, IF some of his Board permits such a thing without outside influence. I'm sure you know what I mean.

No, garfield . . Dan never once relayed to me his disappointment in being a whipping boy. That's MY observation. Given the current DCI structure, I believe Dan is not the most pressing DCI problem. Others can feel differently.

Think the lest they could give us a credit towards the finals broadcast

PUHleeze.

You don't know the deal that was reached, George. They may have made it convenient for Dan to take the blame - one for the team, so to speak - but you can't verify that contracting the crew was Dan's obligation.

on a side note, on funny outcome is in the Bluecoats performance there's a part the bad audio makes them sound like Kazoos :tongue:/>

• Like 1