Elephant in the room

For sure I'm going to get the Finals broadcast and pay again next year. How else are people not in a drum corps heavy area supposed to get shows? It's amazing how entitled some people have gotten. 10 years ago, there wasn't a way to watch the Regionals online live as they happened. 20 years ago DCW or DCN was the only way to find out about shows or scores. Now we can sit in our homes in front of the TV with a beer in hand, and friends over, and watch every regional and most of Finals week for less than the price of 1 good ticket to Finals week. Yeah, it's not perfect, but would you rather have imperfect feeds of live and on demand shows, or no shows at all to watch? I like on the West Coast, so when July hits, I don't get any live drum corps for the rest of the season. So Fan Network is really all I've got, since DCI has really started policing YouTube.

Also, Tom Blair's crew will be handling the cameras and audio for Finals. So it will be the same as Finals has always been.

And if you want to make sure you have a strong broadcast for Finals, take an Ethernet cable, and plug your computer straight into your modem. Or put it in a spot where your router is strongest. That's what I do, and I rarely have even a hiccup in broadcast speed, besides last night. Which wasn't handled by DCI, but a stupid stadium crew, just like the last few years. This is just the first time it's been broadcast to Fan Network, but the jumbotron views always sucked in Buffalo

Again... this.

Do those folks with iPhones also post pretty good quality shows from 1974 until the current day?

Do those folks with iPhones also provide pretty ###### good multi-camera broadcasts?

Look... DCI didn't actually provide the feeds from the two Boston shows and Buffalo (there may be more that they didn't cover, but I know that they didn't do these 3). I just watched the Allentown VOD, and they were awesome. As were San Antonio and Atlanta (once they fixed the sync issue). If you folks don't realize the value that a $70 sub gets you for a year, I can't change your mind. All I know is that, back in the day, we would have to shell out at least $100 to see our finals performance, and only our finals performance. We never go to see shows throughout the year.

Seriously, the manufactured outrage is getting pretty tired, don'tchathink?

I can't speak for anybody else, but my personal dissatisfaction comes from the fact that I didn't have half of these issues with the product they put out last year. Nothing changed on my end except for me upgrading my internet connection package. Twice. As far as a refund? I'm not asking for one. I can still watch the shows, even if the live feeds locked up on me. I still feel the $69 was worth it.

• Like 1

I can't speak for anybody else, but my personal dissatisfaction comes from the fact that I didn't have half of these issues with the product they put out last year. Nothing changed on my end except for me upgrading my internet connection package. Twice. As far as a refund? I'm not asking for one. I can still watch the shows, even if the live feeds locked up on me. I still feel the $69 was worth it.

Fair enough, and you have been one of the more reserved commenters here. Not only in this thread, but in others, people are so full of rage. If you (the global you) have really had so many problems, have you contacted DCI Support? If not, and you are just raging on a web forum, then I really don't know what to tell you. If you have contacted them, and still feel that the service hasn't been a value, then by all means don't subscribe again.

Now Dash, in your case specifically (that you are having problems this year that you didn't last year), I think it may have something to do with Mat (drumcat here) leaving his gig at FN. He was there for some time, and was always very prompt and helpful when assistance was needed. Perhaps what some folks are experiencing this year has something to do with new folks running the show?

Fair enough, and you have been one of the more reserved commenters here. Not only in this thread, but in others, people are so full of rage. If you (the global you) have really had so many problems, have you contacted DCI Support? If not, and you are just raging on a web forum, then I really don't know what to tell you. If you have contacted them, and still feel that the service hasn't been a value, then by all means don't subscribe again.

Now Dash, in your case specifically (that you are having problems this year that you didn't last year), I think it may have something to do with Mat (drumcat here) leaving his gig at FN. He was there for some time, and was always very prompt and helpful when assistance was needed. Perhaps what some folks are experiencing this year has something to do with new folks running the show?

I'd say that's entirely likely. the one time i had issues last year, he and I ran everything, and boom, no more issues. I won't ask for a refund, and I won't rant and rage, but if there's issues this week, I won't be shy.

This is DCI's big opportunity...HUGE. They can't afford to screw this up

Not interested in this. I'd rather pay to do the theater thing tomorrow and get discs in the future.

Edit: I don't trust my internet provider either.

Edited by cavie95