Bluecoats get some publicity and controversy in New Jersey

I had an uncle who died of Malignant Melanoma. He had worked in outdoor construction most of his life without sun protection and it took it's toll. I pray that all of those sunburns I got as a dumb kid do not come back to haunt me in that manner.

Sun exposure is one of society's least understood problems. I had fair skin and peeled very easily, which I learned when going to the beach with the family as a young kid. I never seemed to develop any tolerance of the sun and used the highest SPF I could when I had to stay out in the sunlight.

"ccclub79 Also, I don't think they are "camped" at Central for 4 days, since Central doesn't have any dorms..."

Yup, these people are extremely unfamiliar with how drum corps works :doh:/>

Controversy = Coverage = Good for DCI.

I say GO NUDE and invite the press corps!

Edited by JohnZ
filter circumvention

I understand that the comments from the article were newspaper readers making statements after the fact based on the printed photos; and I am also sure that if the Bluecoats staff were approach with this issue prior to, or during, rehearsal they would have complied.

Very true, and for example, where the Bluecoats are rehearsing these last few days for finals, Indiana Wesleyan University, asked them to wear shirts at all times, and they have complied.

This comment, in particular, is sort of infuriating:

"Maybe you can find some college kids with clothes on who are building a house for Habitat for Humanity? I'm sure they are around."

Why is it infuriating? Lot of young people do good things like H4H and food kitchens and never even get noticed.

Edit: Looked at the site and exact layout/software as my local papers website. Hell even causes my browser to run slow with all the add on items being virus checked. See the same type of gripes on the local paper and if you check probably see the same people with the same type of gripes on other threads. *shrug* IOW - nothing surprising, especailly since a lot of the posters are NOT DC savvy, which some posters here seem to forget.

My fav: is What's with the no-shirts and bikini tops?

Next post - It's hot.....

Here's the article if no one linked it before it's vague as anything.... typical for sites like this Bluecoats article

Edited by JimF-LowBari