Predictions for 2014

I feel that the preceding year sets a MAJOR precedent for the following year in terms of recruitment.

Yes, and no.

Phantom went 11 years between Titles before winning it all in 2008 with a thrilling show that had the crowd at Finals eating out of their hand and every bit as loud as what Crown got tonite in ovation in winning their Title in 2008.

Phantom Regiment finished 9th the following season.

Just sayin'

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, and no.

Phantom went 11 years between Titles before winning it all in 2008 with a thrilling show that had the crowd at Finals eating out of their hand and every bit as loud as what Crown got tonite in ovation in winning their Title in 2008.

Phantom Regiment finished 9th the following season.

Just sayin'

With many members not returning (yet not aging out) from the 2008 title.

Keep in mind The Glassmen are coming back next year.

I did not know this. I hadn't heard anything regarding their quest to get back out on the field. If your info is accurate ( I have no reason to doubt you ) this is GREAT NEWS !!

I did not know this. I hadn't heard anything regarding their quest to get back out on the field. If your info is accurate ( I have no reason to doubt you ) this is GREAT NEWS !!

You should have every reason to doubt him. Yes they still have the horns. But there are still debts to be paid off before they move forward. No one involved with glassmen that i know has even hinted at a 2014 return.

• Like 1

Rennick goes to Crown. Crown wins 3 in a row.

Rennick goes to crown-> crown brass staff leaves because the show is no longer only about them.

[Take a joke btw]

• Like 2

2014 Predictions?

ANOTHER new DCI champion!!

1. Boston Crusaders!!!

2. Madison Scouts

3. Blue Knights

4. etc......

haha!

You should have every reason to doubt him. Yes they still have the horns. But there are still debts to be paid off before they move forward. No one involved with glassmen that i know has even hinted at a 2014 return.

I think I heard something that if a Corps that takes a sabbatical for a year, does not come back and field a Corps after that one year is up, they have to go thru some sort of hoops to get readmitted to DCI. Do you ( or anyone else) know what that penalty is ?

Edited by BRASSO

my bad, I just assumed this year would be more than enough time to raise the money the needed to return. but hey, its still a possibility.

I think I heard something that if a Corps that takes a sabbatical for a year, does not come back and field a Corps after that one year is up, they have to go thru some sort of hoops to get readmitted to DCI. Do you ( or anyone else) know what that penalty is ?

If they take more than a year to come back, then they have to go to Open Class to prove that they are a viable organization to tour and make it through. Does make it harder though for corps, because they don't get the performance fees like the World Class corps, so that they'd need to find other ways to make money