Really? What's the message here?

I'm not a cat person.

No, I'm afraid you're wrong. After seeing Hop pacing on Thursday night I made it a point on Friday and Saturday to watch the sidelines for any staff pacing as George does. I saw no one - not a single director - pacing just off the sideline.

(I saw Bob Jacobs in the stands in row one with his feet up and his arm across the seat next to him, obviously enjoying all that his kids produced.)

The only other staff display I could find was the guy from BAC (who got some negative press here a couple of weeks back) standing at the top of the 100's section, flailing his arms around and screaming at the top of his lungs (as if his corps could either see or hear him!).

George is the only staff member I saw who paced the sidelines like a zoo animal testing his cage for weakness. One person from the crowd around me commented that he looked like a hippy going in for his first job interview and practicing his lines outside the office door.

I love Bobby J, but he's only pacing if the line for food or the bar is too long

( I kid Bob)

you need to see C2. Rich paces too. It's like he got it from the YEA handbook.

He's the one responsible for putting amplification into the activity so yes, he gets the target. Way too many extreme rule changes all in the sake of making things 'fun' or bringing in more fans.

it was proposed by mark Anrold a few years before Hop did.

and no he isn't solely responsible. he didn't hold a gun to 20+ other directors heads and said vote for this.

ok I need another thread to read.I keep defending him, I'm going to need a shower

His submission was the one that passed. Nothing more be said about it.

Give you a break? Perhaps the OP should have posted the whole thing. I'm not a facebook user or fan and have no reason to even go there. Maybe what you say is true, maybe not. All I can do is read what is here and respond to it how I like. tongue.gif

Here is the whole thing. I didn't post it all bc how their breakfast went or how they are excited for the nights performance wasn't relevant to my question, however, here you go.

Happy finals night

We are gearing up for one last performance and it's still early hit the excitement is growing

Today's morning breakfast was awesome. Great parents - great friends and great words from our kids.

They have learned so much and I am humbled to have even a part of this year's efforts

With all respect to other corps , the learning here is a bit different. I always wanted to connect the corps experience to life and we have done so. They get choice , they get work ethic , they learn to choose happy in the face of challenge.

These guys are perhaps more advanced. They seem to have a handle on the message. Maybe I did a better job ?

It's awesome

And we are giving it all

Every ounce we have

Here we come

Still sounds the same and I stand by my analysis. Sounds like he is comparing the learning at Cadets vs the learning at all other corps in 2013.

"These guys are perhaps more advanced." - sounds like he is talking about the members of this year's corps. Who are they more advanced than ? Past year's Cadets members?

IMO, I would guess that every year his Cadets 'have a handle on the message'. I don't see the need to even say it unless he's wanting to talk about himself.

A cheerleader should never put the focus on themselves. It's always about the team, which in this case is the corps.

Edited by cavie95
  • Like 1

ok I need another thread to read.I keep defending him, I'm going to need a shower

It's just that you are being objective and pointing out some facts...that's not defending him necessarily so you're good tongue.gif

The only reason I started this topic was so I did not get a misread on what he posted. I try to not assume things, especially intent of meaning on a forum or a sight like FB. To me it reads, based on that singular post and not following prior posts through the season that he is saying the Cadets are different, better than the rest and he is taking credit for it...ok, fine with me, but I do not know the man and that's why I was hoping someone who knows him can clarify. Some who say they know them say that's not the point, others say it is...I still don't know and probably won't, and that's fine. One thing is obvious, he is a polarizing individual who seems to bring negative commentary upon himself.

He's the one responsible for putting amplification into the activity so yes, he gets the target. Way too many extreme rule changes all in the sake of making things 'fun' or bringing in more fans.

No, he is not 'the one'. He is part of 'the group' that put it into the activity. I have not yet seen one 'extreme' rule change put forward. It is still all about young people moving around on the field playing and spinning for the enjoyment of the audience. Just like it was when I started in 1964, though precious little 'spinning' was done back then.

Pardon me but year after year during the years I marched and post, extreme rule changes were submitted by him. If you don't think amps are extreme I don't know what else to say and can't expect a Cadet alumnus to understand.