Predictions for Douglasville Ga,Aug 17,

???

You have less faith in the southern judging system than I do and that is saying something.

81.50 is a ridiculously low prediction IMHO. Even if the judges phone this one in from Mars they cannot justify that stupid of a number.

Lets not forget CV had a 79.60 on July 13th in Hornell Ny when they went to the NE which tied them with C2, 3 Points behind Empire and a solid 8 point ahead of Bushwackers. What your saying is that in over a month they have only improved 1.9 points when the rest of the field has improved by 8 + Points over the period ????

CV probably "should" (I use should loosely) be getting somewhere in the "88ish" neighbor hood this weekend but with the crazy mind numbing number the crack pipe DCI judges gave them in the dome I expect that number to be much lower.

I am expecting somewhere in the 85 +/- a point in either direction this weekend for CV.

IMO, if you look at shows in the midwest so far this year, you're seeing names that saw people in the Northeast, so you'll have folks that have been around and can make valid comparisons to other corps in DCA.

Oh, and whoever scores highest in each class wins

• Like 3

Tradition is going to drop 30 points?? :blink:/>

I didn't think it was even possible for a DCA corps to score below a 50 ...

:blink:

as i said in another thread, the fact that I could easily identify and follow those holes speaks volumes for the program - and I had no doubt they had bodies assigned to them. AFAIK, CV has never been this far into the season and had unclaimed holes.

Oh, and I've cleaned up some nonsense ... a clean thread is a happy thread! right?

carry on...

???

You have less faith in the southern judging system than I do and that is saying something.

81.50 is a ridiculously low prediction IMHO. Even if the judges phone this one in from Mars they cannot justify that stupid of a number.

Lets not forget CV had a 79.60 on July 13th in Hornell Ny when they went to the NE which tied them with C2, 3 Points behind Empire and a solid 8 point ahead of Bushwackers. What your saying is that in over a month they have only improved 1.9 points when the rest of the field has improved by 8 + Points over the period ????

CV probably "should" (I use should loosely) be getting somewhere in the "88ish" neighbor hood this weekend but with the crazy mind numbing number the crack pipe DCI judges gave them in the dome I expect that number to be much lower.

I am expecting somewhere in the 85 +/- a point in either direction this weekend for CV.

With all the enhancements and adjustments to the show,and where we've been in past years at this show scoring mid 80's...I'd have to say we are pushing 90 with our best performance to date. Unless of course we have a bad show...which hasn't happened this year. Every performance has been better then the previous.

• Like 3

With all the enhancements and adjustments to the show,and where we've been in past years at this show scoring mid 80's...I'd have to say we are pushing 90 with our best performance to date. Unless of course we have a bad show...which hasn't happened this year. Every performance has been better then the previous.

I would love to see it John. You know I would.

Like I said in my previous post I feel like u guys "should" be popping a 88 this weekend in the grand scream of things so a 90 would not seem that far out of reach. But getting freaked with that whacked DCI score in the dome certainly is going to be a deterrent based on what the judges have done in the past.

Will the judges fix it this weekend? History says no.

Best of luck to y'all and have a great show!

Edited by camel lips

Magic direct your right on the weather report was going to rent a car and drive up to Douglasville.But looks like a 50% chance of rain from Florida up to South Carolina and the shows in the middle of this mess.It would be a 5 hour drive not going to do it for a possible exbition due to a rain out,Good luck to the Corps Vets on gettting this show in,And to all the corps traveling to Douglasville Ga.We had bad storms roll thur last night with more expected friday ,saturday and sunday and if you know anything about tropical rain or storms when it rains here its like a monsum