2014 DCI World Champion

124 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to guess, will Blue Devils or another corps win in 2014?

• Blue Devils
    • Another Corps

Also add into the mix that some will be drawn to trying out for Crown now that they won. Each corps indeed has its own identity and style, but each year people will choose where to audition on many criteria, and being a part of a first place corps is one of them. These statistics are never published, but I am sure many age out potentials will be debating Devils or Crown hoping they choose the corps who will win in 2014. this is just my speculation and based on a few discussions with members of corps when they tell me where they marched before joining another corps. Cavaliers had a young corps this year, so when they took a dip in placement last year no doubt some of the previous members didn't stay and went elsewhere. Just a hunch.

Edited by Jast45
  • Like 1

Nothing against BD. They are a wonderful corps and deserve the respect for what they do and as much as I'd love to see Crown repeat, my vote goes to SCV.

Crown the favorite ?

Really...?

Defending champion should always be the favorite at the start of the season until they lose during the season.

Defending champion should always be the favorite at the start of the season until they lose during the season.

Or if there is massive staff changes. 99 SCV won. That offseason the brass arranger retired. 2000 SCV gets 4th. If he wouldve stayed.. who knows what could have happened.

Also fun fact. The last and only time a corps won their first championship the year after BD won was the cadets and they went on to win 3 in a row.

Even if there are staff changes, you'll know very quickly into the season if they are still a favorite or not.

Also add into the mix that some will be drawn to trying out for Crown now that they won. Each corps indeed has its own identity and style, but each year people will choose where to audition on many criteria, and being a part of a first place corps is one of them. These statistics are never published, but I am sure many age out potentials will be debating Devils or Crown hoping they choose the corps who will win in 2014. this is just my speculation and based on a few discussions with members of corps when they tell me where they marched before joining another corps. Cavaliers had a young corps this year, so when they took a dip in placement last year no doubt some of the previous members didn't stay and went elsewhere. Just a hunch.

I said this same thing and got heavy criticism, but I do agree, haha. I also heard that Crown has a lot of age-outs this year, so depending on a lot of other factors it can help or hurt them. All other things constant, however, I think this holds true and will definitely help Crown out in the future.

Or if there is massive staff changes. 99 SCV won. That offseason the brass arranger retired. 2000 SCV gets 4th. If he wouldve stayed.. who knows what could have happened.

SCV also fired its director after winning in 99. Who knows what would have happened? There were no major changes at BD after they tied with SCV for the title and they finished 3rd in 2000.

As much as I love Cadets, it'll be an even year, which hasn't boded well for them in the last decade (since 2000).

SCV will have to pull out some stops to get to top 3 and then win. Not saying they can't, but they still have a pretty young staff set.