2014 Finals Tickets

After getting the worse seat in house a few weeks ago, Section 639, Row 4, Seats 17 & 18, I've decided to start early this year researching the various options. I've discovered the following options, Super 3 tickets, the Friends of DCI tickets, areas dedicated to each corp and as always the TicketMaster option. My first question is what's the best seats to watch finals? Secondly, are the Friends of DCI "Black" tickets (see below) available via TicketMaster when general ticket availability opens in December? Thoughts and comments welcome.

Cavaliers2013_DCIChampsSeating.jpg

Edited by TnSnareDad

After getting the worse seat in house a few weeks ago, Section 639, Row 4, Seats 17 & 18, I've decided to start early this year researching the various options. I've discovered the following options, Super 3 tickets, the Friends of DCI tickets, areas dedicated to each corp and as always the TicketMaster option. My first question is what's the best seats to watch finals? Secondly, are the Friends of DCI "Black" tickets (see below) available via TicketMaster when general ticket availability opens in December? Thoughts and comments welcome.

Friends tickets are only available through the Friends program, you have to join, and seating selection is based on your gift level and how many years you've been at that level.

Where's "Best" to sit is personal preference. If you want to see drill the clearest you have to sit up high (600's) but the sound degrades horribly up there. If you want the best sound, stay in the 300's or below, but you miss drill down there. The sweet spot seems to be high 240's or 340's (where the judges are).

If you want good seats I usually only use 4 or 5 of my 10 Friends seats (high 240's) and sell the rest to the highest bidder :w00t:/>. I CAN be bought, you know.

If you can stand to sit with fans of a particular corps, several corps resell tickets in or near the "Friends" zone on their websites to anyone for the face value of the ticket. Crown this year had some seats available in a very good section IIRC. Phantom had such as well, in a slightly less good section.

I agree with others that Section 240 or Section 340 are probably the best seats in the house. From my experience, you will not get seats in either section through Ticketmaster or Super 3.

You'll find a lot of Friends members who resell their extra tickets (check out the DCP Marketplace forum early next year). As long as you're looking for a small number of tickets - 2 or 4, not 10 or 15 - you should have no trouble finding a seller with extras in the FoDCI sections. There are also some scalpers who resell good tickets, but expect to pay extra $$ if you go that route.

Friends tickets are only available through the Friends program, you have to join, and seating selection is based on your gift level and how many years you've been at that level.

Where's "Best" to sit is personal preference. If you want to see drill the clearest you have to sit up high (600's) but the sound degrades horribly up there. If you want the best sound, stay in the 300's or below, but you miss drill down there. The sweet spot seems to be high 240's or 340's (where the judges are).

If you want good seats I usually only use 4 or 5 of my 10 Friends seats (high 240's) and sell the rest to the highest bidder :w00t:/>/>. I CAN be bought, you know.

Garfield...did I ever tell you how much I admire you! I'd really like to sit next to you at Finals next year :smile:

We prefer the face-melting 140 section so we buy SUPER 3 thru DCI. No drill, obviously, but we can check the big screen for what we know is coming since by then we've seen most shows on FanNetwork so have a good idea about what is going on. One of the main reasons we buy so close to the field is the more comfortable seating. The first 14 or so rows are wider and have back and seat cushioning which really helps with our marathon drum corps viewing of Prelims. Also we are of the wider variety, so our seats can use the bigger seats. :tongue:/>

We appreciate everyone's response. It will help us develop a game plan for next year. We had purchased Finals tickets via the corp but had not though of checking with other corps as well. Thanks again

I see from your signatures that you are more percussion oriented. 640 where I sat and neighboring 639 and 641 are better for people emphasizing the visual programs; we see everything. These three sections also seem to have the same folks year after year although DCI does rotate what rows we get. The first row of any upper deck seating has the hindrance of the protective glass which is pain to look through if one is short; it also muggles the sound a bit. If one seats high in the seat to overlook the glass obstacle, the folks in the rows behind complain that they can't see the pit people.

So drum oriented folks sit in the 100 numbered seats to see the sticking, music and guard people sit in the 200-300 seats, the billionaires sit in the 400-500 seats, and we viz folks sit up in the heavens except for row 1.

Working through the DCI office or the corps is easier than struggling with the Ticketmaster computer which always starts with row 1 and works up while we drum corps folks begin with the last row and work down.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents worth ... we go the Super 3 route every year, and request Section 640 in the lower rows (rows 3-6, if possible). The sound is good where we are, and the drill is also a real treat. Other opinions may vary ... :-)

Mike

MPM1960