Open Class Finals Clip reveals much

just watched Music City drum and bugle corps on YouTube at the DCI championships. I should say open class championships. Other than the staff, volunteers, people working the event I didn't see anybody else in the stands.also, the show is clean, the kids books sharp, they worked hard, it was pleasant but very boring. its not entertaining. Yet, it's no different then what I saw at Allentown from world class corps. I feel as a fan they are not reaching me visually, musically, nor is the activity physically doing anything for me to get my attention, earn my support. it's just not entertaining.

• Like 5

what a wonderful post right after the corps FOLDED thumbdown.gif

Pretty classless.

I think so. I had no idea there were more concession stand workers in the stadium than audience. Probably reflective of the same non-audience mentioned this weekend not showing up to watch any Open Class corps. Hmm? Music City closed because of funding. So, let's add all this up. Nobody is in the stands watching. Their show bored me. I am a member of the general publc. More, former DCI finalist of three years, bachelors in music ed, taught band, taught drum corps and marching bands. The post has nothing to do with the corps. I could have clicked on any finals clip this year and see the same blue seats with no forms of human life in them. And please, class? I'm not here to impress people or get people to like me. i'm hear to reflect an opinion based on what I see, hear, perceive and analyze as a member of the general public, DCI alumn and music educator. I don't live my life so that people will perceive me as classy. And just because you're one voice and unpopular one doesn't mean you're wrong. So rub some brain cells together and figure out that it wasn't about the corps.

• Like 3

Saying this after Music City just folded is absolutely uncalled for. In almost every topic you make, you always have to take a jab at some corps. Just stop. Please. :thumbdown: You could have done a topic like this without going after them.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Your posts are annoying.

They seem to get a lot of posts, stir up a lot of discussion, controversy, discussion, activity. Even in you. Thanks for participating. You took the time to write and let me know I have impacted your feelings.

• Like 1

OP again demonstrates his ability to do nothing but spew negative crap on DCP.

Nothing? My posts clearly get activity, engage people, prompt thought, analysis, generate problem solving. This post clearly was insightful. Thanks for your participation. Do you like seeing nobody support DCI Open Class corps? That's okay with you. BTW, what part of "The kids are sharp" was negative? What part of "the kids work hard are negative". What part of "clean" was negative. OHHHHHH - you want me to say something positive about the 50 people in the stands? Stand in front of Music City Shempy and tell those kids how positive that was for them. Yeah, let those kids listen to you talk to them about that. NEWSFLASH - this is the reason the corps just folded. Nobody cares about them enough to show up and listen. Why? The show is boring. Why is the show boring? Because it's about judges sheets and not the public. So the public isn't showing up, or buying anything, or cares. The people you need money from is the general public. And, it's your job to entertain them. Now, if that's not the point, then stay in your box, play for judges, and tour to play for the crickets. The situation is negative regarding Music City and Open Class corps and Keith Hall, the director addressed DCP that ITS NOT WORKING. So, what the hell is there to be positive about. Drum Corps IS NOT WORKING. It's functioning. But, it's a man on an island.

• Like 3

just watched Music City drum and bugle corps on YouTube at the DCI championships. I should say open class championships. Other than the staff, volunteers, people working the event I didn't see anybody else in the stands.also, the show is clean, the kids books sharp, they worked hard, it was pleasant but very boring. its not entertaining. Yet, it's no different then what I saw at Allentown from world class corps. I feel as a fan they are not reaching me visually, musically, nor is the activity physically doing anything for me to get my attention, earn my support. it's just not entertaining.

I could probably say the same thing about your groups you teach. Give 'em a break.

I saw Music City in Minneapolis this year and I found them very entertaining. In fact, I liked their musical selections better than some of the "big names". Were they at the same level as those other guys? No, but they entertained me. I went out of my way to find members of that corps and tell them that I enjoyed their show. What you may find entertaining may not be to someone else?

With regards to the empty seating, yes, that is a problem! Marketing of the smaller corps is not enough. The current system focuses heavily on World Class Corps and even then it is directed at the "top 12". The spirit of competition is starting to hurt the program overall.

• Like 2