OT: Hitler Reacts to Crown Championship

It's long been said that one of the easiest ways to help discredit someone is to get people to laugh at them, not with them. That's why the rotating swastika in "The Producers" was considered a classic bit of comedy and not an endorsement of Naziism.

What amazes mw about this thread and the reactions it generated, that here, several pages in, not one person even said to Normy, "Hey sorry for your loss, but..."

I sent him a private email.

Unfortunately, it tells me a lot about those who post on DCP

• Like 1

What amazes mw about this thread and the reactions it generated, that here, several pages in, not one person even said to Normy, "Hey sorry for your loss, but..."

I'm curious, exactly what does your observation tell you about those who post on DCP?

• Like 2

Thanks for pointing that out.

While it may be true than even those closely affected by those events have often used humor to express it, it's too easy to assume that everyone is OK with that. I'm wandering into a big hypocritical swamp here (given that I just posted one), so I'll stop now.

Its funny but in all due respect, Crown won and they get mocked too much in this rendition of "in the spring, Hitler goes to into drumcorps mode" after invading Poland of course. Previous renditions were more pro-winner (ie Cadets 2011).

Awesome job to you, Pete! Hilarious!

Its funny but in all due respect, Crown won and they get mocked too much in this rendition of "in the spring, Hitler goes to into drumcorps mode" after invading Poland of course. Previous renditions were more pro-winner (ie Cadets 2011).

I think they are more mocking the mockers.

Those of us who have been to the concentration camps in Germany, Poland, and Slovakia where this man murdered so many and those of us who have lost family members in service to our country because of the violance this man caused also do not find this video funny. I do not apologize for my statement but call the poster to a higher standard, one well represented by the units mentioned here.

When others have posted videos of this film on DCP with other conversations in the recent years, the moderators have pulled the threads as offensive. I ask them to do the same now.

I just walked through what was the second largest Jewish ghetto in Europe... to get Chinese food. You know how often people here, where all this #### actually happened, tend to discuss this period? Almost never. Why? Because they have moved on.

It is only in America that people still discuss this and are hypersensitive to it, just as they are hypersensitive to everything.... why there are public talk shows where people complain or talk about their problems (which are most often simply inconveniences, not actual problems)... rather than manning up and taking ownership of not only their life, but their communities.

Anyway, like every single one of my neighbors, I've been to these places you describe... every single day. We've all moved on.... with former enemies now as good neighbors and partners. This past is the past and is not talked about, because there is nothing new to talk about.

But... the video... it is funny.... not only because the writing is carefully clever... but because the whole absurdity of it. Almost as funny as this ....

n3d1.jpg

Edited by danielray
  • Like 3