Coolest Drill Moves of 2013

Crown has another neat drill move with the smallest bass drum orbiting one of the rolling bass drums. It's when she is playing the gock block. I think the drill is supposed to be representing an atom with an orbiting electron.

Have you posted this on the things you might have missed thread?

I noticed it and thought it was (1) completely nerdy and (2) completely fit the show. Loved it!

Great post! I honestly don't think any of the drill comes even close to comparing with what the Cavies were doing early 2000s, but still some pretty cool moves.

Yea I agree!

Have you posted this on the things you might have missed thread?

I noticed it and thought it was (1) completely nerdy and (2) completely fit the show. Loved it!

Actually i think someone may posted about this move earlier in the season (confused as to why the bass drummer was taking the "wrong" path :-)

Crown has another neat drill move with the smallest bass drum orbiting one of the rolling bass drums. It's when she is playing the gock block. I think the drill is supposed to be representing an atom with an orbiting electron.

This is the best clip I could get of it, just one rotation. The camera moves so much other times and the sequence is pretty long. The bass drum circles the rolling bass four or five times and then follows it downfield and rotates once more before joining the battery again. :thumbup: I never saw this myself, so thanks for mentioning it!

377z9.gif

Pretty sure this is the Devils most traditional drill of the year (which already featured a lot more traditional drill than the last few years):

3784a.gif

(From Allentown, sorry for the poor quality/angle.)

Luved it. Isn't it amazing that THAT's traditional?

Dark Side is really just quoted at the end, right before the ASZ reprise. The chords and mello riffs are from Dark Side. They released a video back in January of them playing it, and it was amazing. I really wish it had been added into the show.

We're talking about two different DSOM's:

, and Pink Floyd's 1973 album. The former was played this year, but the latter has the album cover featuring a similar prism effect used by the corps.

I'm just wondering if they are considering doing the Pink Floyd album theme for next year. No real reason for thinking they are except the prism, so it's just idle speculation on my part. Really just an interesting coincidence of both relating to this show.

There were a bunch of cool moves this year, but I think Crown's entire show was visually the most entertaining I saw this year! Agreed with BDStaffAlum about Cavies in the early 2000's, but still some cool things happening more recently.

I absolutely loved Crown's visual program, but for my dollar the most complete, effectual, and downright fun to watch visual program this year belonged to the Santa Clara Vanguard. My dollar, so obviously my opinion, but their drill made the show.

• Like 1

One other Blue Devils move that I absolutely loved was when they made the parallelogram block, marched it backfield, then whip-turned left to bring it towards the lower-left corner of the field, then pushed forward to rock the jazz hit. I will see if I can make a gif.

• Like 3