Coolest Drill Moves of 2013

So I got to fooling around with making animated gifs out of the coolest drill moves from this year, and I decided I'd go all out and do all the finalists (plus Troopers).

What other moves do you like from this season?

Crown

3605n.gif

Blue Devils

35yei.gif

(I actually like the rotating box better but it wasn't shown at all in the Semis VOD.)

Cadets

35xa5.gif

Vanguard

35xnp.gif

(The circles merging into a giant ellipse was my favorite, but these things have a 10 second limit when you make them at imgflip.com.)

Bluecoats

35ys1.gif

Phantom

35zbv.gif

Cavaliers

35zky.gif

Boston

35zt1.gif

Madison

35zom.gif

Blue Knights

35zzp.gif

Spirit

360hw.gif

Blue Stars

360ns.gif

Troopers

360qp.gif

Thank you, Skywhopper!!!

Of course you realize you are driving all those band drill writers back to their computers and graph charts now, don't you, ha, ha?

• Like 1

I'm absolutely terrible with technology so I can't provide any .gifs, but I absolutely loved

- Phantom's book opening. Kinda cheesy? Sorta. But it still looked very cool. I just wish they closed the darn book at the end though

- Crown's body movement during the pre-show. Seeing that in person made me wonder "How the heck do people think of these things?"

- Bluecoats' parade block beginning. That was probably one of the coolest intros ever

- Vanguard moving everyone but the soloist behind the props. When everyone disappears but the soloist..... it just made that ballad even more perfect.

• Like 2

Question:

In Crown's pyramid, the center line on the 50 becomes the left hypotenuse and left base of the triangle.

The big gaps between the numbers 1, 2, and 3 appears not to be the result of a difficult pass through but, rather, appears to be too few "dots" to make the line work as the others do.

Could this simply be the result of a great design and not enough MM's in the horn line to pull it off?

Maybe I'm over-thinking it but, when I watch this beauty, I constantly feel like the left line is "too thin". More "dots" would have looked better?

it is possible the pass through gaps didn't line up perfectly? to me it looks like the 3rd person back (starting on the 50) marches two different angles before the pass through and after.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely terrible with technology so I can't provide any .gifs, but I absolutely loved

- Phantom's book opening. Kinda cheesy? Sorta. But it still looked very cool. I just wish they closed the darn book at the end though

Absolutely this! I expected them to add this at finals. Close the book at the very last show, with a "The End" banner on the back cover.

• Like 3

- Vanguard moving everyone but the soloist behind the props. When everyone disappears but the soloist..... it just made that ballad even more perfect.

Probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in terms of concept in the past 4 years!

• Like 2

I wish I could give the OP multiple green checks for their hard work. Many thanks.

And I'd also like to provide a free idea for Crown's visual staff should they bring back the rotating prism: Have a long white banner approach it as it's rotating, then hit the side as a long, wider banner of the colors of the spectrum shoot out the other side...like the original design for Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album.

Would anyone else "lose it" if that were to occur?

• Like 3

And I'd also like to provide a free idea for Crown's visual staff should they bring back the rotating prism: Have a long white banner approach it as it's rotating, then hit the side as a long, wider banner of the colors of the spectrum shoot out the other side...like the original design for Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+side+of+the+moon+album+cover&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=EPsYUueFPKTziQKSsIDoCw&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1454&bih=713

I wish I could give the OP multiple green checks for their hard work. Many thanks.

Would anyone else "lose it" if that were to occur?

Maybe they can talk to Hopkins quick and get at least four of the colors for that banner from his fabric covers for the towers, ha, ha.

I think that is a cool idea, Mike. But does that make you Bi? (Visual and Percussion consultant????)