Does anyone else feel like BDB got cheated out of victory?

With respect, SCVC was very good, but I personally felt that BDB's performance had way more energy, power, and overall excellence. The fact they lost was astonishing to me.

How did they lose GE? They had 8 props, a floor, spiraling umbrellas and bass heads, a uniform change to match the guard, and so much visual GE to go with the show? How did they lose that?

Once again I mean no offense to SCVC or any of their fans, but honestly I felt like BDB deserved it way more.

• Like 3

With respect, SCVC was very good, but I personally felt that BDB's performance had way more energy, power, and overall excellence. The fact they lost was astonishing to me.

How did they lose GE? They had 8 props, a floor, spiraling umbrellas and bass heads, a uniform change to match the guard, and so much visual GE to go with the show? How did they lose that?

Once again I mean no offense to SCVC or any of their fans, but honestly I felt like BDB deserved it way more.

Others may hold their opinions, I don't agree with yours at all. "Cheated out" implies dishonesty, stealing, and conspiracy. Your profile shows your great allegiance to the Blue Devils in all forms. I don't think you are being objective.

I have no connection with SCVC or anyone involved there. But I can see their progression over the course of the month leading into Open Class champships. Without the penalty for warming up in the Lucas Oil Stadium parking lot, SCVC would not only have won Open Class but also have scored higher than BDB and tied the Academy, World Class corps.

Having more cluttering objects on the field does not mean better General Effect. Go back and study the DCI rule book, the interpretations on the back of the score sheets, and some of the training video tapes for judges.

I respect your disappointment but do not respect your claim of dishonesty.

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 9

No. When I saw BDB narrowly beat SCVC at Avon Lake, correctly in my view, I also thought I could see SCVC catching them in a few days.

Just as last year at Kalamazoo, where SCVC beat BDB by more than a point, it seemed well within reason to be that BDB could surpass them over the next ten days.

• Like 3

No. This same kind of thread popped up last time SCVC won a championship, I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that they can win once in awhile. They had a better show and better performance Finals night. Plain and simple. BDB could have had all of the props in the world, but if they don't perform at a higher level, they won't win. SCVC won GE because they had a very effective show both visually and musically, especially with the classic tunes thrown in. It reached out and grabbed the audience, as can be seen and heard on the videos. They got an almost perfect score in vis proficiency, so they out-marched BDB, they out-played them in brass, they out-spun them in guard, that simple. They also took percussion as well.

In conclusion, it's not some conspiracy theory that BDB got screwed. They lost, plain and simple. Now SCVC and BDB have the same number of titles, great for California. Next year maybe someone else will win, never know. And if it wasn't for the penalty at Semis, SCVC would have beaten BDB again and tied for 19th overall.

No. This same kind of thread popped up last time SCVC won a championship, I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that they can win once in awhile. They had a better show and better performance Finals night. Plain and simple. BDB could have had all of the props in the world, but if they don't perform at a higher level, they won't win. SCVC won GE because they had a very effective show both visually and musically, especially with the classic tunes thrown in. It reached out and grabbed the audience, as can be seen and heard on the videos. They got an almost perfect score in vis proficiency, so they out-marched BDB, they out-played them in brass, they out-spun them in guard, that simple. They also took percussion as well.

In conclusion, it's not some conspiracy theory that BDB got screwed. They lost, plain and simple. Now SCVC and BDB have the same number of titles, great for California. Next year maybe someone else will win, never know. And if it wasn't for the penalty at Semis, SCVC would have beaten BDB again and tied for 19th overall.

CONGRATS TO SCVC !! on a great season , It also was a great season for Open Class ,You said " They also took percussion as well " The truth is BDB was UNDEFEATED in Percussion all season , and as for WC Semi's BDB beat SCVC (their is not any announcement on the scores in which they say , "because of a penalty" )

• Like 1

CONGRATS TO SCVC !! on a great season , It also was a great season for Open Class ,You said " They also took percussion as well " The truth is BDB was UNDEFEATED in Percussion all season , and as for WC Semi's BDB beat SCVC (their is not any announcement on the scores in which they say , "because of a penalty" )

[/quote

penalty for misspelling: there, not their or they're.:devil:/>/> ]

Edited by drilltech1

penalty for misspelling: there, not their or they're.:devil:/>/>/> ]

You're kidding, right?

The average person could spend 8 full hours a day correcting spelling and/or grammar on DCP. You could make a part time job out of just correcting thread titles, such as "board audience members" (last week).

Gives me an eye ache ...

The worst are the posts meant as lectures to the great unwashed (us I guess)that are rife with misspellings, grammatical errors, and malapropisms.

We don't need moderators (can't figure out what they do anyway with everything that makes it ON the forums) we need editors.

We don't need moderators (can't figure out what they do anyway with everything that makes it ON the forums)...

DCP is like a duck. Gliding peacefully over the surface of the water while there's a #### of a lot of activity going on under the surface.

Mike