Blue Devils 2013 Studio Recording

I have been listening to the Blue Devils 2013 Re-Rite of Spring studio recording. I'm really enjoying it. Those of you that have heard it, what do you think? I didn't like the music for a drum corps show, but I really liked the arrangement, so being able to crank it on my stereo is great. I wish more corps would record their shows.

• Like 2

Listened to it last night. On it's own, without drill and visual, it's a surprisingly engaging and fun listen.

I'm a big fan of Finals week standstill/concert recordings. Blue Devils have put one out every year back to 2000. Crown has done it since 2006. Phantom last did one in 2010, Cavaliers in 2008, SCV is rumored to have one coming out for this season. I'm working on a full list.

Mike

It also doesn't hurt the Blue Devils' recordings when they have Grammy Award winning audio producer and drum corps legend Frank Dorritie producing them. The result is about as good as it gets.

Link to BD MediaBox

Edited by JohnD
Updated to add link to recording on BD MediaBox

It also doesn't hurt the Blue Devils' recordings when they have Grammy Award winning audio producer and drum corps legend Frank Dorritie producing the recordings. The result is about as good as it gets.

I just purchased it. thumbup.gif Nice recording!

• Like 1

I really am enjoying it as a recording. I had a hard time enjoying thier show during the season. I don’t think that it translated well to the field show. Just being able to hear the music, is much more satisfying. Don’t get me wrong, the Blue Devils field show was amazing, but It was not my cup of tea. The music however, is a masterful arrangement that translates well to the recording. I'm really looking forward to Crown releasing their recording.

• Like 1

wow..imagine that.....people loving BDs MUSIC..without visuals..kinda slams all those here who have been preaching that their music if just heard without visual was not good listening for numerous reasons.....where are those people now? :tongue:/>

let see the funny rebutals now and how they will try to creatively justify . :music:/>

kind of puts a hole in the comments of EVERY BODY, MAJORITY, EVERYONE I TALKED TO...ETC ETC :shutup:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 4

wow..imagine that.....people loving BDs MUSIC..without visuals..kinda slams all those here who have been preaching that their music if just heard without visual was not good listening for numerous reasons.....where are those people now? tongue.gif/>

Well think about it, the only ones who can listen to the studio recording are those that are subscribed to Blue Devils network.

Edited by How_Will_It_End?
  • Like 1

Well think about it, the only ones who can listen to the studio recording are those that are subscribed to Blue Devils network.

.so when those who made that statement of music doeSnt cut it if you were just listenting to it in a recording.and that it wouldnt hold up on its own because of writing choice,did so with a bias..to want to see it that way....or at least seems that way

Edited by GUARDLING

I bought the Re-Rite of Spring CD at Indy 2013 and listened tonight (busy bee is me). I hope we are listening to the same recording :smile:

btw did i mention i like rite of spring jazz and classical? have 2 record albums, Don's and Igor's. BD did it right imo. Thank you!