Who did this?

Who did this to this football field in greater Pittsburgh? Too many props on field or front ensemble moving vans???

Russ-Grimm-Field-at-Southmoreland-High-was-obliterated-by-a-single-hour-of-rain-Twitter.jpg

Russ-Grimm-Field-at-Southmoreland-High-was-obliterated-by-a-single-hour-of-rain-Twitter.jpg Edited by blueorginal

Giant rain-storm and flooding. It's the same thing that happened at IU in 2008, when they had to replace the entire field in June so they could still have finals there.

• Like 1

All the above posters have given (antiseptic) factual answers which are included in the news brief which went with the original photo where I found it.

I guess my reason for posting wasn't that pedantic but hoping for a little off season humor for which DCP is known. They must all be sleeping in for the holiday weekend or sleeping it off at DCA's. Oh well.

Giant rain-storm and flooding. It's the same thing that happened at IU in 2008, when they had to replace the entire field in June so they could still have finals there.

This situation, (at the risk of being "antiseptic:"), occurred because an extremely heavy rain got under the turf. The IU incident in 2008 was due to heavy rains opening up a sinkhole under the south goal line. Bloomington was our Plan B after DCI found out (via a news broadcast on Indianapolis Channel 13) that the stadium wouldn't be ready in time for the World Championships. After the sinkhole opened up, not knowing if it would be able to be repaired in time, there was a Plan C that fortunately didn't have to be instituted...Papa John's Stadium at the University of Louisville.

• Like 2

All the above posters have given (antiseptic) factual answers which are included in the news brief which went with the original photo where I found it.

I guess my reason for posting wasn't that pedantic but hoping for a little off season humor for which DCP is known. They must all be sleeping in for the holiday weekend or sleeping it off at DCA's. Oh well.

Okay...I'll bite. George Hopkins wore it out while pacing the front sideline.

Happy now? :w00t:

• Like 4