Annapolis

It is too difficult to judge whether a venue is better or worse for DCA after just one year, but since it has been two, how would you evaluate DCA's move (although temporary) "south" to Annapolis? Consider crowd total, venue, attractions and hotel accomodations when making your post.

Peronsally, I think it makes DCA a great destination for Labor Day! With Washington D.C. being so close, I think DCA in Annapolis was a great idea and I hope that there is a bid in the near future for it to come back. I realize there were issues with booking a stadium past this year, but from reports I received, this was a great venue for DCA.

Also, do you think this proves that DCA can continue to venture to new destinations? Perhaps, by playing it safe and traveling to cities where there are already DCA corps in existence. Maybe even making it further south or to the Midwest? I believe it has proven to be successful and we should come to the reality that DCA has grown considerably from a geographic standpoint. Now that Empire is leaving us, I am curious to see how the turnout is in Rochester next year!

To move to the midwest, there would need to be some confidence the crowd out there would provide similar numbers of attendance. I have no idea what kind of attendance DCA contests have out there. Very few reviews reach DCP from that neck of the woods that really say very much if anything about those kinds of issues. If they move to that region, it has to be a no-risk home run. Otherwise, it would be a serious debacle.

If there was the necessary critical mass, why not? I'm just not seeing that mass yet, unless someone knows something abut it.

Wouldn't mind Allentown though...

Anyone ever thought of having DCA weekend there?

Funnel cake baby!!!

As long as the field isn't underwater and there's no ties!!!

To move to the midwest, there would need to be some confidence the crowd out there would provide similar numbers of attendance. I have no idea what kind of attendance DCA contests have out there. Very few reviews reach DCP from that neck of the woods that really say very much if anything about those kinds of issues. If they move to that region, it has to be a no-risk home run. Otherwise, it would be a serious debacle.

If there was the necessary critical mass, why not? I'm just not seeing that mass yet, unless someone knows something abut it.

Edited by Kansan

Madison, Wisconsin? They don't have any Drum Corps History up there. :sigh:

I still have trouble calling the Northern States Mid-West but Whatever. I always considered Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma the Midwest.

Madison, Wisconsin? They don't have any Drum Corps History up there. :sigh:/>

I still have trouble calling the Northern States Mid-West but Whatever. I always considered Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma the Midwest.

They don't have any DCA history- do they? Would that region's DCI fans come out? If so, how many? I know there's a connection between what were the old DCM contests that still exist and MBI, but now much of one?

Many DCI fans don't give a rat's butt about all-age. There's that aspect as well.

Wouldn't mind Allentown though...

Anyone ever thought of having DCA weekend there?

Funnel cake baby!!!

As long as the field isn't underwater and there's no ties!!!

with the Fair, the town pretty much has no room for us.

I think Annapolis was good, and I'm sure there will be other options. I heard a bid was placed for SEPA, but wasn't as good as what Rochester offered.