Texas , Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado

Kansan

From 2004 to 2012 it looked like an All Age Drum Corps Circuit was being built out in the middle of the U.S. and it seems everything stopped in 2012.

Texas: Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier, Austin Stars and Vigilantes.

Louisiana: Masquerade

Arkansas: Arkansas Thunder

Oklahoma: Commanders

Kansas: Prairie Sound

Colorado: High Country Brass

What happened? It looked like Gulf Coast, Frontier, Vigilantes and High Country were all solid. All of these Corps were making trips to DCA finals. Now the only Corps that appears to be active is High Country Brass.

Prairie Sound and Vigilantes both appear to be looking at Sound Sport to get things sparked again.

Arkansas Thunder appears to have morphed into Resistance Drum & Bugle Corps and is going on a trip to China?

Now, I know the economy zapped everyone in '07/'08 and made recruiting almost impossible out here. Fund raising is always a challenge since parades don't pay us to march leaving us to rely on member dues and a sponsorship or 2 if we are lucky.

If everyone could have kept going we would probably be holding a yearly regional out here but sadly that's not the case.

The economy still sucks but we at Prairie Sound are experiencing a small boom in new members which gives us hope we can do something out here.

Edited by Kansan

Yea, the word goof in the sub title is supposed to be good. Can't edit titles.

Edited by Kansan

Fixed it for ya.

Thanks, nice looking out. :thumbup:

HCB made the trip to DCA Finals in Annapolis this year and did well.

Yes, saw you guys on the fan network. Really good job. Really nice mallet instruments on the sideline.

High Country Appears to be the success story our region.

I checked out the web sites for all 4 of the Texas corps ,Gulf Coast Sound still has a big page for Tee's buttons decals n more so seems thiers still some thing alive there.Two others where looking into sound sport ,So i guess there's hope they may come back at some time.Lets hope all 4 corps make it back out .

Gulf Coast Sound

Frontier

Austin Stars

Vigilantes

I checked out the web sites for all 4 of the Texas corps ,Gulf Coast Sound still has a big page for Tee's buttons decals n more so seems thiers still some thing alive there.Two others where looking into sound sport ,So i guess there's hope they may come back at some time.Lets hope all 4 corps make it back out .

Gulf Coast Sound

Frontier

Austin Stars

Vigilantes

I took a look as well and it seemed all real activity stopped in 2012. I'll check again and see if there is anyone active to reestablish communications.

• Like 1

From 2004 to 2012 it looked like an All Age Drum Corps Circuit was being built out in the middle of the U.S. and it seems everything stopped in 2012.

Texas: Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier, Austin Stars and Vigilantes.

Louisiana: Masquerade

Arkansas: Arkansas Thunder

Oklahoma: Commanders

Kansas: Prairie Sound

Colorado: High Country Brass

What happened? It looked like Gulf Coast, Frontier, Vigilantes and High Country were all solid. All of these Corps were making trips to DCA finals. Now the only Corps that appears to be active is High Country Brass.

Prairie Sound and Vigilantes both appear to be looking at Sound Sport to get things sparked again.

Arkansas Thunder appears to have morphed into Resistance Drum & Bugle Corps and is going on a trip to China?

Now, I know the economy zapped everyone in '07/'08 and made recruiting almost impossible out here. Fund raising is always a challenge since parades don't pay us to march leaving us to rely on member dues and a sponsorship or 2 if we are lucky.

If everyone could have kept going we would probably be holding a yearly regional out here but sadly that's not the case.

The economy still sucks but we at Prairie Sound are experiencing a small boom in new members which gives us hope we can do something out here.

I would say that the economy was the big factor. Everyone took a beating including the established NE corps. Another factor is distances. Everyone out there is just so far away from each other and the rest of DCA.

I would say that the economy was the big factor. Everyone took a beating including the established NE corps. Another factor is distances. Everyone out there is just so far away from each other and the rest of DCA.

Yes the economy really hit everyone hard.

I agree we are too far from DCA.

Texas used to have their Texas Drum Corps Preview in Austin at the Capitol Building every year. Cool idea.

They had at least one show in Denton. I think Gulf Coast Hosted a couple shows.

I really think there could be a yearly show in Texas, Kansas and Arkansas. Colorado is the Long Haul but could be a real fun event if all of our Corps could be there. Yes we are spread out but if we could have a show within 6 hours of at least 4 corps each time, I think it could work. We could augment a 4 Corps show with some drum line entertainment to give the ticket buyers their moneys worth.

Edited by Kansan
  • Like 1