Cadets being mysterious? 2014?

It's William Tell. Can't you see that it's the fletching to an arrow? :lle:

• Like 1

it has nothing to do with drum corps...

here's a hint:

https://www.wgi.org/...type=Percussion

Not being a computer geek, I was unable to cut and paste the original FB post of the logo which makes the split chevrons look more like an arrow. I did post an adaption from someone's comment because I was able to transfer it. I figured interested folks would do their own research and not be as disparaging as Corpsband's usually snide self.

So if the Jonz311 accurately attributes the log to connote a new indoor percussion ensemble, might the split arrow-like chevrons be stylistically representing three sets of hands with a drum stick in each? Clever.

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 2

9w0nI8H.png

It means the show is about the use of artificial fish attractors in ponds and reservoirs.

stelprdb5063076.gif

The towers from 2013 will be—just as the trees in the above photo and link—recycled to become Christmas trees that will be "sunk" in a "pond" to attract fish. The corps will thus become fish moving around the former towers. The guard will be the smaller fish, hiding inside the "trees" for protection. The horns will be the larger fish, trying to gobble up the smaller fish.

It will look something like this. (Note the drum off to the side.) The battery percussion will be doing interpretive dance during this movement, more than likely Monty Python's "Fish Slapping Dance."

Tuba_fiushes.png

I honestly can't imagine any other meaning. :shutup:

You're absolutely right, Boo: seeing it laid out like this in the brilliant way you communicate, there is absolutely no other logical explanation.

You're absolutely right, Boo: seeing it laid out like this in the brilliant way you communicate, there is absolutely no other logical explanation.

If it turns out that isn't the case, I'll be absolutely devastated.

• Like 2

So if the Jonz311 accurately attributes the log to connote a new indoor percussion ensemble, might the split arrow-like chevrons be stylistically representing three sets of hands with a drum stick in each? Clever.

plausible...

736671.jpg

Though if that was the intent it may make more sense to have a single large regular chevron in the middle instead of 3 sliced ones.

And actually it could even go with their other logos in a progressing way... Cadets have 3 chevrons, Cadets2 has 2 Chevrons and the indoor group could have 1 chevron to mimic the sticks on a drum. Hmm...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Though if that was the intent it may make more sense to have a single large regular chevron in the middle instead of 3 sliced ones.

And actually it could even go with their other logos in a progressing way... Cadets have 3 chevrons, Cadets2 has 2 Chevrons and the indoor group could have 1 chevron to mimic the sticks on a drum. Hmm...

kreskin.jpg

• Like 1

Not being a computer geek, I was unable to cut and paste the original FB post of the logo which makes the split chevrons look more like an arrow. I did post an adaption from someone's comment because I was able to transfer it. I figured interested folks would do their own research and not be as disparaging as Corpsband's usually snide self.

If this is *truly* the case, I hereby withdraw my snide salt shaker.

As for copying images from FB (and almost anywhere else on the web) , the process is really simple if you use Chrome.

Right click (ctl-click for macs) on the image.

Select Copy Image URL.

In your DCP message click the image button.

Right click in the edit box.

Select Paste.

Click Insert Image.

Voila.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1