Best YouTube videos for the unenlightened

I don't know how to post videos, but the video of Spirit and Crossmen's hornlines playing to each other is awesome

I don't know how to post videos, but the video of Spirit and Crossmen's hornlines playing to each other is awesome

Edited by CUDAKITE
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ura1gzmWKF4

Quite arguably the best year of DCI-1991. IMHO, this is one of the strongest fields (top12) of all time. One of my favorite Crossmen shows.

What!!!!! No Blue Devils Cabaret Voltaire? No Cadets The Zone? No Devils Risking Absurdity? No Cadets This I Believe? Why not use those shows to introduce people to DCI since they represent ‘the vision’ of the elite movers and shakers within DCI and are considered so wonderful and great?!?!

• Like 1

I figured the "youngsters" would link those videos. I would have no problem showing people any of the 2000-2013 shows. (Okay, maybe not BD 2005! :wink: ) Lots of great stuff. Heard lots of kids digging the Cadets this year up at Allentown.

Cabaret Voltaire could work for this purpose; anyone find a good YouTube recording? What would be some other, potential BD shows? (In general, I've found it hard to find BD on YouTube.)

This I Believe would probably turn people off -- too self-referential, self-indulgent, and frankly corny. No offense to the kids marching--it was obviously challenging and they did a masterful job with it.

To the original point: I think some of the post-modern dci shows which are heavy in scatter drill, individualized choreography, electronics, props , etc... would be VERY appealing to someone whose only exposure to the marching arts was watching their 30-something member HS band loaf through a show out of step, with poor horn angles, and blowing wrong notes -- or seeing parade bands and not realizing how much artistry there can be.

But alas, let's not recycle this conversation. Any good BD shows on YT worth including?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_AJq1s9Us

One of my favorites from the Cavaliers-1986

LOVE that show. Drumline was doing some work!

But if you want to wow someone who isn't hip to drum corps, something from that era might now quite get it done with how marching has evolved (not counting dance, etc. MARCHING-marching really didn't start to look good through most of the top 12 until the mid-00s).

How about the Cavaliers "Roaring 2000s" video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJE3jw0DE08 Highlights from 2000-2008. If this doesn't blow minds, I don't know what will.