Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

1983 we marched 10....had planned on 12. 1982 we marched 10 through 1st tour. I believe 1979 started season with 12 and cut down to 10....Peter Theo's first year at age 16. Oh my bus mate in 82 was Chris Crockrell, and both 82 & 83 section leader was Todd Herrick.

Thanks for sharing!

Any others going to share?

Each year I marched we had 10 contras, I too rode he drum bus.

My section leaders were josh Locke and Barrett Williams!

Come on guys, let's share more!

Oh, and keep pushing 2014 brothers!

Zantac bro...

What's wrong if seeing if "alums" really are or just people that think they know what is good for the corps hiding behind a facade? Plus I'm asking simple corps history from alums that are critics.

It's better than hating on my brothers wishing there were spats which haven't been around in over 30 years and 10-12 person snare lines which haven't been around since longer with the exception of the 1998 opener. Did you ##### in 88 when they had 8 snares?

Sorry if I love and support my brothers and if I have an issue I talk to people that are involved instead of doing it on here.

When Sal was in charge, myself and many alums had our issues, but those were family matters and I left them in the family.

MYNWA

I love the Scouts. No one is hating on our Brothers. We are hating on the show designers...who unfortunately aren't our Brothers.

I'm starting to think, as are others , that those criticizing and claiming to be alums are fictional. Let's see if they have the guys to say who they are, or if they won't do that, who some people were they marched with.

You game Flamman? You must have marched, if you did between 1971-1982, with all your spat and "10-12" man snare lines, so what years, who'd you march with? Who was your section leader, your seat partner. Also, you must have marched pre-1979 as that snare line was 8 and since then to now the only line over 9 was once again the the 12 in 98 for the opener.

Hockeydad, I know you're not an alum, but go ahead and criticize this post, since you're probably not fictional, but have zero connection to the corps.

Who's game?

Just stop. My signature clearly states which year I marched in Madison. Your assertion that the 1979 snare line was 8 & that since then no Scouts snare line was over 9 is way off.

Here are the snare line #'s:

1978: 12

1979: 10. Started the year with 12 then 2 were cut.

1980: 9

1981: 10. I marched in this snare line.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you aren't a fan of props. However, a fiasco? No, you may not be a props person, but tell Devils, and crown, and Bluecoats, and, and, and, .........they aren't working....

They aren't working - for me at least. I do not like props at all. No matter who uses them.

I love the Scouts. No one is hating on our Brothers. We are hating on the show designers...who unfortunately aren't our Brothers.

Jim Mason marched Madison in 1975. Soprano if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Jim Mason marched Madison in 1975. Soprano if I remember correctly.

You're correct, Weedy. Chad Duggan is also an alum, as are various other staff members and both directors.

Just stop. My signature clearly states which year I marched in Madison. Your assertion that the 1979 snare line was 8 & that since then no Scouts snare line was over 9 is way off.

Here are the snare line #'s:

1978: 12

1979: 10. Started the year with 12 then 2 were cut.

1980: 9

1981: 10. I marched in this snare line.

My apologies for miss counting, but that answer other than you saying you marched in 1981 was already given.

Who were some guys you marched with that haven't been named on here? Who were the sop soloists? Guys from other sections?

It's not very believable that you marched, especially now with your no alums on the design staff comment.

I'll stop when you give an honest answer with facts you gave, not off base comments and other peoples answers.

Edited by tesmusic

My apologies for miss counting, but that answer other than you saying you marched in 1981 was already given.

Who were some guys you marched with that haven't been named on here? Who were the sop soloists? Guys from other sections?

It's not very believable that you marched, especially now with your no alums on the design staff comment.

Please stop claiming to being a Scout, it's not working.

Dude - give it a rest. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

Dude - give it a rest. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

How?

Because someone that is stating he's an alum of a group I hold sacred can't answer simple questions about their experience.

Wouldn't you find it sad if someone is claiming to have marched in your corps didn't actually march.

Not sure I'm the one that should feel embarresed.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1