Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

I just went back and looked at the Akron performance again, then Atlanta. I'm totally baffled as to the thinking that went into the changes since June. The performance levels clearly needed work, but the show itself had a better structure when it started. Weird.

After seeing some early season vids, I too was somehat disapointed with what I saw last night,................

BITD when corps marched 128, drum lines were marching 10-12 snares & 5-6 tenors. If you lost 1 or 2 guys you still had a large line. Corps march 150 or so today yet the drum lines are smaller. Regardless off the reason, it still makes me sad to see my corps marching 7 snares & 3 tenors.

I get it - being a drummer I like to see the larger lines myself but continually complaining about it accomplishes nothing.

I get it - being a drummer I like to see the larger lines myself but continually complaining about it accomplishes nothing.

Ironically you've done the same on the Cadets thread. Interesting.

Ironically you've done the same on the Cadets thread. Interesting.

Well small drumlines are infinitely more forgivable than incessant, annoying, unnecessary narration so there.

• Like 2

Well small drumlines are infinitely more forgivable than incessant, annoying, unnecessary narration so there.

So you're justifying hypocrisy because one is the greater of two evils. You don't realize how ridiculous you sound.

So you're justifying hypocrisy because one is the greater of two evils. You don't realize how ridiculous you sound.

It's often my goal to sound ridiculous - kind of like the kids who defend the artsy fartsy current version of DCI drum corps at all costs. It makes it easier for them to understand. Plus this is only DCP - I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. It's a discussion board about fancy pants bands now.

Edited by SFZFAN

, I too was somehat disapointed with what I saw last night,................

You sound like my ex wife

• Like 1

Maybe so but he still sounds better than the Cadets narration.

• Like 3

Maybe so but he still sounds better than the Cadets narration.

Zing!!!!!

Not to go too far from everyone #####ing about the Scouts show, but if we want to look at drumline numbers, which are once again what they are because of injury, but this complaining must not remember the size of lines in the late 80's through most of the 90's.

Back to hating the Scouts a lot of you can now go.