BD Snares on Front Page of Reddit This Morning

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1q2qh7/12yearold_kid_teaches_himself_blue_devils_snare/

...if you've ever wondered what the "outside world" thinks of videos like this, read the comments. (Warning: adult language is not filtered on reddit.)

Also, reddit had 87,000,000 unique visitors last month, and this video is currently on the front page, "above the fold."

Personally, I think comments about his playing referring to "hoping he was shot" (Reddit comments, not YouTube) when shooting rampages make the news so frequently, are in poor taste and before this part of the comment gets hijacked, I want rifles to remain as part of color guards. My issue is with people who just post wacky comments on the Internet because they can.

I'm not a percussion expert so I can't say whether he actually "nailed" the BD snare book, for a twelve year old he came pretty close. He also looks like someone who has drum corps in his blood. Judging from the YouTube comments, he's already marching with Academy and he's quite the ladies man, which is not surprising. Has there ever been a shaggy haired drummer who's not a flirt?

This also shows the impact a drum corps can have on young musicians. A few years back a Big, Loud, and Live, (either 2010 0r 2011) there were various high school groups that got excited when certain corps performed. I later learned that these schools had representatives watch these corps practice when they were in the Boston area and they could not wait to get back to their own school music programs. The best publicity for a corps, whether it be recruitment, fundraising, and the like is the corps itself.

Edited by Tim K

Personally, I think comments about his playing referring to "hoping he was shot" (Reddit comments, not YouTube) when shooting rampages make the news so frequently, are in poor taste and before this part of the comment gets hijacked, I want rifles to remain as part of color guards. My issue is with people who just post wacky comments on the Internet because they can.

It seems apparent from the comments that the poorly written title "kid gets shot at" generated a significant amount of clicks. The OP at Reddit must be auditioning for a job at TMZ or Bleacher Report. Well played.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1q2qh7/12yearold_kid_teaches_himself_blue_devils_snare/

...if you've ever wondered what the "outside world" thinks of videos like this, read the comments. (Warning: adult language is not filtered on reddit.)

Also, reddit had 87,000,000 unique visitors last month, and this video is currently on the front page, "above the fold."

There were some crass comments from some nitwits on there that were actually disappointed in the drumming as they thought they were going to literally see someone " get shot " in the video. Glad to know they wasted their time with that.

Edited by BRASSO