Phantom Regiment 2014

To call Josh Scott unproven is completely incorrect. Sorry to tell you.

Ah yes, tell us all about Texas High School Band.

This is Josh's first year at caption head. Yes, he's been in charge before, even some at Regiment, but he has never been in the capacity of complete control and also of building the staff.

AKA UNPROVEN.

• Like 1

Ah yes, tell us all about Texas High School Band.

This is Josh's first year at caption head. Yes, he's been in charge before, even some at Regiment, but he has never been in the capacity of complete control and also of building the staff.

AKA UNPROVEN.

And you would have gone with...what former visual caption head of a top-level DCI corps who is available? Since that seems to be what you're asking for. Even Zingali was new in the top ranks of drum corps at one point. Josh taught us in '08. He's a fantastic educator, and I have every confidence in his ability.

And you would have gone with...what former visual caption head of a top-level DCI corps who is available? Since that seems to be what you're asking for. Even Zingali was new in the top ranks of drum corps at one point. Josh taught us in '08. He's a fantastic educator, and I have every confidence in his ability.

At a corps like Regiment, you'd hope for a caption head older than 30 with more experience. Being a tech is much different than running the show. While he's had some experience, it may not be where it needs to be.

• Like 1

wait, you mean the two captions where they hired un-proven recent alumni as caption heads are suffering?

WOW!! What a surprise!!!!

Why hire them then unless they already know the system and are loyal and easy to control?

Wait...

And turning a blind eye to the problems sure as hell doesn't work either. If you want things to be better, you have to talk about everything...the good and the bad. Most of the critique is about design once again, but I did see a video of the Houston show and the guard had tons of drops and timing issues. Have to clean that up.

Plus, policing people's opinions is futile.

I have not turnd a blind eye to the problem and neither has the corps. I KNOW what I am am talking about.

At a corps like Regiment, you'd hope for a caption head older than 30 with more experience. Being a tech is much different than running the show. While he's had some experience, it may not be where it needs to be.

You know, Chaos, you yourself were the one that brought to our attention just how young this corps is, along with the fact that they have over 100 rookies. If all of that is true, then I'd say it's a credit to Josh that they're marching as well as they are. Especially considering there is a lot of new staff, as well.

You just further agreed with my point. You realize that, right?

I never said he shouldn't have been given the chance. I just said he's relatively unproven.

• Like 1

Bingo.

There are qualified individuals outside of the PR organization. The problem is, they are scared to bring people like that on board. They really only end up doing so when in a bind, or really pushed to do so by vacancies.

Maybe bringing in blood from outside of the PR ranks would drastically change what has been an Achilles weakness for the group, pretty consistently since the 80s.

• Like 1

You know, Chaos, you yourself were the one that brought to our attention just how young this corps is, along with the fact that they have over 100 rookies. If all of that is true, then I'd say it's a credit to Josh that they're marching as well as they are. Especially considering there is a lot of new staff, as well.

Other corps have had significant turnover. Hell, when it happened in the early 2000's at Cavaliers, they barely missed a beat.

There really is no excuse when you get down to it. Things are cyclical, but the top groups remain the top groups.

• Like 1