2014 DCA Schedule Released

You haven't been out much then :)

LOL!!!

If the person who posted about the Clifton conditions can believe this....the Clifton field of recent years is far better than it was back in the day.

Even worse than the field back then.... the portable lighting, with a generator (to power the lights) that was so loud it drowned out parts of any given corps' show, especially any soft backfield-playing sections. A true adventure. LOL.

• Like 1

LOL!!!

If the person who posted about the Clifton conditions can believe this....the Clifton field of recent years is far better than it was back in the day.

Even worse than the field back then.... the portable lighting, with a generator (to power the lights) that was so loud it drowned out parts of any given corps' show, especially any soft backfield-playing sections. A true adventure. LOL.

AHHHHHHHH the sounds of the generator during a show......the smell of BBQ dogs and burgers smoke in the en zone , the sparkle and bling of uniforms and actually at a NIGHT show.....the good ole days.... :bigsmile:

• Like 1

You haven't been out much then :)

Thank God! Probably the worst competitive field I ever marched on...

One word...Waterbury...

• Like 2

I loved the turf at Clifton stadium, from way back when in 97 during the rain-soaked Herald News Marching Band Festival, to marching on it at Crossmen, to lately with Bush and Bucs.

For Bush, that was our home show and I enjoyed stopping home for a shower and not having to deal with the shower guy that I kept hearing about.

At Bucs, everyone hated the field and I think I was the only one who liked it.

One word...Waterbury...

and that's not even taking the showers into consideration

• Like 1

Pondering what happened to Lewisburg. Last year, a very good turnout, the only seeming issue with the contest was that they couldn't get the Bucs like they wanted to.

Ask Gil Silva!

Pondering what happened to Lewisburg.

Good question. A classic show and venue for many years.

Pondering what happened to Lewisburg. Last year, a very good turnout, the only seeming issue with the contest was that they couldn't get the Bucs like they wanted to.

well....not hard to figure out. they lost their regular weekend when they had to sit out the year for renovations. Then they got 4th of july weekend, which when you figure out that it's not a great weekend to hold a show, and neither of the local teams were there....it's a death sentence.

well....not hard to figure out. they lost their regular weekend when they had to sit out the year for renovations. Then they got 4th of july weekend, which when you figure out that it's not a great weekend to hold a show, and neither of the local teams were there....it's a death sentence.

Sad but makes logical sense. Big community event in place for many years. Problem is once you lose one, hard to ever get it back. People move on to other things to present and do.