Season 21 Discussion Thread

Galen

Scores for Monday's events have been posted, and it's Buckeye Brass finishing off the regular season the way they started it- with a commanding win in Hillsboro. Down in Medford, it was Polaris Regiment, Marauders and Xothyme pulling off a clean sweep for their Org.

Corps will now have 2 days to rest up and make the final refinements to their programs. As a reminder, directors will be able to make 2 caption changes per corps each time they advance from one division to the next. Show times for prelims in each division will be posted tomorrow.

Welcome back! After a couple of days of final preparations, we are ready for CHAMPIONSHIPS! The season climaxes in 3 rounds of competition, with the winners claiming the title of DCPI champion!

The World class events will be held at Autzen Stadium in Eugene OR. Known as "the Duck Pond", Autzen has a reputation for being one of the most acoustically active outdoor stadiums in the country, so the judges will certainly have to have both ears open today. In a last-minute change, both the Open class and Class A prelims and semis will be contested at Reser Stadium in Corvallis OR. With the size of both fields, we were able to combine both competitions into a single, large-scale venue that will give those corps a true championship experience.

EugeneORAutzenStadium50000_zps56cf3a23.j

CorvallisORReserStadium4_zps3eca001e.jpg

Here are the seedings and performance times for today's prelims. For World class, the top 17 corps will advance to semifinals, while the top 10 placing Open and Class A corps will advance to semis in those divisions. Good luck to everybody, and may you avoid the dreaded prelims curse!

Class A Red Regiment 2:00 River City Express 2:17 ERMISSION 2:34 Mountain Magic 2:51 The Thoroughbreds 3:08 Scarlet Cadets 3:25 Hoosier Regiment 3:59 Chicago Sound 4:16 Buckeye Brass C 4:33 The Bolts 4:50 Xothyme 5:07 Cross

5:24

Open Class INT 6:00 Quilt Cadets 6:17 Phantom Cadets 6:34 Mountain Sound of Asheville 6:51 Scarlet Regiment 7:08 West Virginia Sound 7:25 Spirit of Indy 7:59 The Screws 8:16 Chicago Enforcers 8:33 Buckeye Brass B 8:50 Texas Zephyrs 9:07 The Marauders 9:24 Star of Hawaii 9:41 World Class Feenicks 3:00 Bad Brass 3:17 Kihei O'hana 3:34 Majestic 3:51 Rackmen 4:08 Phantom Crusaders 4:25 Midnight Sun 5:00 Redcoats 5:17 Euphony Empire 5:34 Black Bayou Regiment 5:51 Tri-State Troubadors 6:08 Midnight Vanguard 6:25 Phantasm 7:00 Roselle Park Conquistadors 7:17 Fleur de Lis 7:34 The Bolts 7:51 Scarlet Armada 8:08 The Knights 8:25 Star of Jupiter 9:00 Polaris Regiment 9:17 Circle City Sound 9:34 Buckeye Brass 9:51

A quiet season it has been as Winter season's go. Still much anticipation for today. The prelim curse. I think it's been broken but nobody wants it. Interesting with competition happening at the same time in 2 locations. Will we get any live scoring today?

Scores for prelims have been posted! Congrats to the corps that survived and advanced. Directors will now be able to make 2 caption changes in between rounds. Caption changes MUST be submitted by 3 PM CST to be counted for the next show.

Here are performance times for tomorrow's events. Sorry I wasn't able to do live scores tonight due to work and choir, but I will be doing them tomorrow starting around 6 PM.

Class A Red Regiment 4:17 Thoroughbreds 4:34 Scarlet Cadets 4:51 Xothyme 5:08 Hoosier Regiment 5:45 Buckeye Brass C 6:02 Chicago Sound 6:19 The Bolts 6:36 Cross

6:53

Open Class Scarlet Regiment 7:30 Quilt Cadets 7:47 West Virginia Sound 8:04 Marauders 8:21 Spirit of Indy 8:38 Buckeye Brass B 9:15 Chicago Enforcers 9:32 The Screws 9:49 Star of Hawaii 10:06 Texas Zephyrs 10:23

World Class Bad Brass 5:00 Midnight Sun 5:17 Kihei O'Hana 5:34 Black Bayou Regiment 5:51 Redcoats 6:08 Phantom Crusaders 6:25 Phantasm 7:02 Roselle Park Conquistadors 7:19 Midnight Vanguard 7:36 Euphony Empire 7:53 Scarlet Armada 8:10 Polaris Regiment 8:27 Fleur de Lis 9:04 Stud Bults 9:21 Circle City Sound 9:38 Buckeye Brass 9:55 Star of Jupiter 10:12

Well...dukes.

We've done the win-prelims/fall-lower-in-semis/win-finals thing before (last winter, in fact)...but geez if it isn't annoying to deal with.

This should be fun.

Also, one of these years I'll have a run towards the end of the season like this in a live season. One of these years...

Due to a slight change in my plans this evening, tonight's live semi-finals scores will be published on my stadium blog website here:

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/

The first update should be up around 6:30 PM CST, and further updates should be published in between the breaks for each division.

<crossing my fingers and hoping that Blogger's auto-publish settings work the way they're supposed to>

i have no scores...

I now have scores!!! I apologize to the head judge who had my assistant director flipping out at him...he was taken to the hospital and will be going under psychiatric evaluation! We knew you would rectify things quickly as always!

Scores and recaps have been posted on the fantasy site after a couple of tallying errors were corrected on the judging sheets. The head judge has also issued a personal apology to the director of The Knights' corps for accidentally omitting their prelims scores from the recap sheets, and will also be springing for pizza for those corps' members from Mezza Luna, considered one of the best pizza places in Eugene (on his own dime, of course!).

Going into tomorrow's finals, the theme for all 3 divisions looks to be a three-corps race, with one or two dark horses lurking in the shadows. In Class A, Buckeye Brass C has a "comfortable" 0.5 point lead over The Bolts and Cross, with Chicago Sound and Cape Cod Regiment still in striking distance.Last season's champions, Hoosier Regiment, will have their work cut out for them if they want to defend their title, as they currently sit in 6th place. In both Open Class and World Class, the races are way too close to call, as a mere 0.25 points separating the top 3 in Open Class and an even closer 0.15 points separating the top 3 in World Class. For Open Class, it's 3 veteran champion corps, The Screws, Texas Zephyrs and Star of Hawaii, leading the way, while Buckeye Brass B hopes to crack the top and bring home their first title. Meanwhile, the always-dangerous Les Blanc Chevaliers are lurking back in 6th place but still have some fight left in them. For World Class, last season's champion, Star of Jupiter, is right in the thick of things, but they have another champion, The Stud Bolts, standing in their way of a repeat, as well as this season's dominant corps, Buckeye Brass, breathing right down their neck. Both The Knights and Polaris Regiment are still within striking distance and are certainly capable of making tomorrow night's contest an interesting one. The rest of the field consists of a mix of both new corps and grizzled veterans, with both Fleur de Lis and the Roselle Park Conquistadors making it into the top 12. This is a particularly special accomplishment for RPC, as the corps will be finding themselves making their very first finals appearance after several seasons of competition.

Tomorrow's lineups:

Class A

The Thoroughbreds 1:00 PM

Xothyme: 1:17

Hoosier Regiment: 1:34

Chicago Sound: 1:51

Cape Cod Regiment: 2:08

Cross: 2:25

Intermission

The Bolts: 3:00

Buckeye Brass C: 3:17

Open Class

Spirit of Indy 3:34 The Marauders 3:51 Les Blanc Chevaliers 4:08 Chicago Enforcers 4:25

Intermission

Buckeye Brass B

5:00

Star of Hawaii 5:17 Texas Zephyrs 5:34 The Screws

5:51

World Class

Midnight Vanguard 6:15 Phantasm 6:32 Roselle Park Conquistadors 6:49 Euphony Empire 7:06 Scarlet Armada 7:23 Fleur de Lis 7:40 Circle City Sound 8:15 Polaris Regiment 8:32 The Knights 8:49 Buckeye Brass 9:06 Star of Jupiter 9:23 The Stud Bolts 9:40