The Cadets - 2014

I loved the Cadets last year and thought they put on one of the best musical arrangements in history onto the field. This year, I hate their show. Not everyone is a blind hater. They're boring this year in my opinion. Being extremely biased and hating on a corps blindly is just as bad as calling others haters for not liking a corps.

Hate is such a strong adjective to describe a show. . The Cadets have a rich program with many technical nuances and are performing it relatively well although much work is to be done. I said it in June and I'll repeat, they should be top 2 in August.

Very true. I understand comments on performance levels, and show design, but the blanket statements people make are rough.

I really like all 4 of the top shows this year, and would be happy if any one of them ends up being the Champion.

We have a party crasher :tounge2: now that four has turned into five.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

The trick is to ignore those commenters (give them their respect of having their opinion, but not letting them turn your opinion into a negative one). In some circles, Cadets will never be liked or appreciated. It's a fact of life. I've lived through it.

I agree but it gets infuriating, they crawl out of their caves, troll, and slither back into them. One thing I won't do is let the trolls and wretched fans of a corps tarnish my feeling about those corps and those great kids working so hard.

I loved the Cadets last year and thought they put on one of the best musical arrangements in history onto the field. This year, I hate their show. Not everyone is a blind hater. They're boring this year in my opinion. Being extremely biased and hating on a corps blindly is just as bad as calling others haters for not liking a corps.

Personally this show is one of my favorite Cadet shows ever, right below '83. I adore the source music and it really is arranged extremely well. The only problem I have with this show is that I couldnt be a part of it. They flesh out the lyrical lines so well, and I feel they're really capturing the spirit of the Copland pieces they're playing.

Hate is such a strong adjective to describe a show. . The Cadets have a rich program with many technical nuances and are performing it relatively well although much work is to be done. I said it in June and I'll repeat, they should be top 2 in August.

I was saying it in May that the Cadets were going to be very good. Just look at the evidence; no major rewrites and they are still only a point down. I agree with you they will be top 2 but I'm not ready to go all out and say what I really want to say.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I was saying it in May that the Cadets were going to be very good. Just look at the evidence; no major rewrites and they are still only a point down. I agree with you they will be top 2 but I'm not ready to go all out and say what I really want to say.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'll say what you want to. I think this will be the only program that can pass Felliniesque in the judges minds. And I will be the person who says they will *knock on wood*.

• Like 1

Don't tell anyone but I've had the priviledge of listening to some critique tapes of the Cadets and I can assure you the word "boring" was not heard on those tapes....any where. Instead of hating the show can't you simply say you don't like the show? It is still going to do very well come Indy.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 3

I'll say what you want to. I think this will be the only program that can pass Felliniesque in the judges minds. And I will be the person who says they will *knock on wood*.

:tounge2: I am knocking on wood!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

DCP is funny though. Cadets suck, Cadets are clean but..., Cadets are clean and boring and will peak in June, I loved the Cadets so much last year and really love them but I hate them now, great show but I hate narration and won't watch them this year, or even next year because I hate hate them, Cadets are so boring and I hate them so much but I love (Spirit) this year and they are so great, Cadets show is so easy my 4th grade band can march it and it's so boring and I hate narration and GH, Cadets are so hard to watch because I can't concentrate on the show because that narrator just takes over the whole field and I can't concentrate, I fell asleep watching the Cadets because there so boring and I always love Cadets but I hate them now because I just hate hate hate them, and the stage is so big that I couldn't even see the show because it's so big and the narrator is a big fraud on that big stage and GH distracts me and I get dizzy and can't watch any shows after that. (

(So this is the summary of the Cadets 2014 thread).

Did I miss anything?

• Like 3

DCP is funny though. Cadets suck, Cadets are clean but..., Cadets are clean and boring and will peak in June, I loved the Cadets so much last year and really love them but I hate them now, great show but I hate narration and won't watch them this year, or even next year because I hate hate them, Cadets are so boring and I hate them so much but I love (Spirit) this year and they are so great, Cadets show is so easy my 4th grade band can march it and it's so boring and I hate narration and GH, Cadets are so hard to watch because I can't concentrate on the show because that narrator just takes over the whole field and I can't concentrate, I fell asleep watching the Cadets because there so boring and I always love Cadets but I hate them now because I just hate hate hate them, and the stage is so big that I couldn't even see the show because it's so big and the narrator is a big fraud on that big stage and GH distracts me and I get dizzy and can't watch any shows after that. (

(So this is the summary of the Cadets 2014 thread).

Did I miss anything?

The honking and fawning over this show.

There's plenty of that on this thread as well.

• Like 2