The Cadets - 2014

Scores were much closer a week ago, and early-season has a tendency to by topsy-turvy from night-to-night. Last night was the first time we even got all 7 of the "Top 7" in one place at the same time.

I shouldn't even say "Top 7" though, since I think there's a real chance a non-G7 corps will end up at least 7th this year.

I think it's really interesting how this season is playing out so far compared to predictions/hype during the off-season.

In fact, It's not easy to come up with anything except maybe that BD was going to come out full force which they have.

I seem to remember more than one prediction that Cadets would place 6th come finals.

Pre-season predictions are almost always just wishful thinking on the part of all involved.

I think it's really interesting how this season is playing out so far compared to predictions/hype during the off-season.

In fact, It's not easy to come up with anything except maybe that BD was going to come out full force which they have.

I seem to remember more than one prediction that Cadets would place 6th come finals.

I've already given those folks the opportunity to revise their predictions :tounge2: . They can't handle the Cadets still being on the podium. Let me get this out of the way right now....after Indy has come and gone I'm not the type of person who will come back and say, "I told you so." I will simply take my drum corps hat off and get ready for the color guard season. And the beat goes on.....

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

Pre-season predictions are almost always just wishful thinking on the part of all involved.

I see how you have 7,312 post.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I've also been a member of this forum since 2003 and more than half of them have been spent in the off-topic forum. What's your point?

Contrary to what you may believe, Irving, I have not disparaged the Cadets or their program even once. I quite like the show, in fact.

I'm sorry you feel that my unwillingness to make bold early season declarations of races being over so off putting, somehow.

With all the hate Cadets get on this site, it's about time they get some honks and fawns. I was one of those haters in the beginning of the season because I didn't appreciate how well Cadets were performing the show. After seeing them live, they've since changed my mind.

I understand not everyone will like Cadets shows. It was the same way when I marched. But it's hilarious to me when another corps does something, and it's well-received by many posters on this site, but when Cadets do the same thing, the planet is coming to an end. That's to be expected.

I do appreciate people's honest opinions.

I think my issue with the honking and stuff this year is that it's seems to be edgier and more condescending than usual, especially from a few individuals who, in the past, have been much more level-headed and humble. I totally understand that the harsher critics may warrant a harsher response, but let's be honest in admitting that the level of "hate" the Cadets are receiving this year is no where even remotely close to stuff they've gotten thrown at them in the past.

And though I'm quoting you, Tekk, I'm not referring to you in this post. You always maintain your composure in defense of your corps.

• Like 1