The Cadets - 2014

who are you saying is saying this..members, Hop, staff? or is it just fans, alumni, people in general..not sure the who is,..maybe i missed it...sorry

As far as the talk being concerned primarily with placement, I was just talking about the posts on this thread of late. Like the last 5-6 days.

• Like 1

As far as the talk being concerned primarily with placement, I was just talking about the posts on this thread of late. Like the last 5-6 days.

I gotcha. It's a fair question. I think it comes down to their first loss and the days leading up to BD match-up

Before that it was more general, less about how the corps can squeeze another point out of the program

So I get what you're saying...

Put a crazy drill move at the end of Burlesque. Hell, they already extended the chord and gave the guard a huge toss. THAT'LL get the crowd up I'm sure.

Put a crazy drill move at the end of Burlesque. Hell, they already extended the chord and gave the guard a huge toss. THAT'LL get the crowd up I'm sure.

Well, if we can get the Cadets to have some of their guard zip down to their bras and have the snare line perform some of their most technical phrases parked on a platform (both a la BD), then the sky is the limit :-)

Well, if we can get the Cadets to have some of their guard zip down to their bras and have the snare line perform some of their most technical phrases parked on a platform (both a la BD), then the sky is the limit :-)

I am not biting THAT apple. :dry:

I take it all back, go back to talking about placements! :nervous:

But...but....those are aesthetic choices. The judges determine placement since the tick system is long gone. I think the Cadets have one of the most cohesive shows among the top 4, enhanced by significant stretches of medium to high velocity drill employed to good effect, and with effective transitions which maintain the momentum for the most part. That said, this is a unique musical sport...it would be unnatural to avoid comparing scores against relative performance levels in the various captions.

But...but....those are aesthetic choices. The judges determine placement since the tick system is long gone. I think the Cadets have one of the most cohesive shows among the top 4, enhanced by significant stretches of medium to high velocity drill employed to good effect, and with effective transitions which maintain the momentum for the most part. That said, this is a unique musical sport...it would be unnatural to avoid comparing scores against relative performance levels in the various captions.

Wait...are we still talking about the bras? :smile:

Wait...are we still talking about the bras? :smile:

Yes..Bra's Aplenty!! :cool:

I think people are talking about scores instead of the show right now because 1.) the big boys have finally started going head-to-head and it's an exciting race to have in the middle of the season and 2.) the Cadets really haven't changed much of their show since the season started, so... people's opinions, what they do or don't get out of the show, their likes or dislikes have all been mentioned already.

I don't think it's a bad thing. Just the natural DCP circle of life.

We'll be talking more about the show when the changes get debuted. And also how those changes effect the scores they're given.

As far as their run in Metamora... I was left kinda' flat. Not saying it was a good or bad run, but it didn't hit me like other performances of theirs have this season. Maybe the show simply doesn't lend itself to multiple viewings (lack of the "wow" moments). Maybe the grass was too high. Maybe kittens make the best waffles.

One thing is for sure, there's still a month left of competition.