Best division transition

So not including Magic of Orlando "2002-2003" or Blue Stars 05-06 which corps had the best competitive transition when moving up a division/class? Has anyone made finals their first year with the top division/class? The only reason I don't count Magic is because they were Div 1/WC before their Div 2 win in 02 and finals appearance in Div 1 the next two seasons. Same with Blue Stars as they medaled and were a finalist for so many years before dropping divisions and coming back.

I'm thinking Academy has had the best transition competitively. But I don't know anything prior to 02

Crown did pretty well for themselves.

Crown did pretty well for themselves.

How'd they do their initial year?

Their first year in Div. 1 was 17, but the next year they made finals.

I'd agree with Crown and wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon Crusaders have similar success. Regarding Blue Stars, in the 1970's they were top 12 finalists including a top 3 placement, so I would not consider them as transitioning to a new division as much as rebuilding which is no small accomplishment.

I'd agree with Crown and wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon Crusaders have similar success. Regarding Blue Stars, in the 1970's they were top 12 finalists including a top 3 placement, so I would not consider them as transitioning to a new division as much as rebuilding which is no small accomplishment.

Not discrediting Blue Stars success in rebuilding. I enjoy watching their shows. Really cool to hear that tid bit of crown history though!

Academy won Div. 2 in 2006, then were 13th in 2007, just a point away from making Finals their first year. They've fallen back a bit, but they had a great transition year.

The cascades made 12th there second year in world class, but have declined alot since then. I hope they grow from here

I'd say based on consistency, Crown, they weren't a one trick pony that fell back after a year or two, they consistently made finals in the mid to late 90s, had a little bump in 2002, but from 2003 on, consistent improvement in my eyes to finally winning in 2013. The Academy had a fantastic year in 2007, then they fell back have and pretty much sat in the 13th - 17th range ever since. Same with Cascades in 02 - current, they didn't field in 2008. Time will tell with Oregon. Financials are another question, moving up and then having to fold like Teal Sound regardless of competitive success is not a success at all. Seems like Oregon took their time and they have a style of their own, I have high hopes for them in World Class, unique and fun show last year, and in 2012, and in 2011.....and in 2010.

Edited by DrumManTx