What would happen "if"

What would happen if the scoring system was eliminated completely and the corps were judged by the audience (just follow me and use your imagination). How do you think the corps shows/content would change? I believe DRASTICALLY. If the audience were the judges and determined who won night after night and the championships - you would have corps playing for the audience and not the judges and the content - I believe would be AMAZING, INCREDIBLE.

I have a simpler answer: Put the judges in the stands, spread out from right to left and top to bottom. Give them voice cones to talk into like those that court recorders use.

That would help corps play to ALL the fans and not just those between the 45's.

What would happen if the scoring system was eliminated completely and the corps were judged by the audience (just follow me and use your imagination). How do you think the corps shows/content would change? I believe DRASTICALLY. If the audience were the judges and determined who won night after night and the championships - you would have corps playing for the audience and not the judges and the content - I believe would be AMAZING, INCREDIBLE.

it would be a bigger HOT MESS than it is now or was during the tic system

• Like 1

Question was not about the scoring - it was about the content of the shows and how that would change.

winners will always adapt to whatever the criteria is..or who delves it out. People complain about how certain corps always seem to win..it's because they know how to..period!..If suddenly tomorrow criteria was to play top 40 pop music ( ughhhh ) you can bet nothing would change with who wins.

• Like 1

Without the benefit of the sheets telling corps what they are to do, there would be a wide diversity of show design.

Problem is: kids want to be ranked.

It's a competition as well as an entertainment activity.

"Making the crowd roar" would soon turn into lion tamers, jello-wrestling, and Miley Cyrus.

winners will always adapt to whatever the criteria is..or who delves it out. People complain about how certain corps always seem to win..it's because they know how to..period!..If suddenly tomorrow criteria was to play top 40 pop music ( ughhhh ) you can bet nothing would change with who wins.

Depends on how the sheets are written.