Madison Scouts trombones?

But of course, these are just wild speculations here for which might occur first.... if ever. But.. YOU brought it up.

No, your point was that attendance in 1981 and 1982 was higher than it's ever been for other Finals. The Montreal Finals always get talked up as being these massive events, and every time someone retells it, the attendance grows. DCI released the actual numbers for it, and it's below where most quote it. I think it was right in line with the other Finals venues, within a couple of thousand people.

Maybe try not to take things so seriously? It was a facetious statement based on the ever increasing attendance at the Canadian Finals. Do I need a special font or something to show that it's not something to be taken so serious and black and white?

• Like 3

No, your point was that attendance in 1981 and 1982 was higher than it's ever been for other Finals. The Montreal Finals always get talked up as being these massive events, and every time someone retells it, the attendance grows. DCI released the actual numbers for it, and it's below where most quote it. I think it was right in line with the other Finals venues, within a couple of thousand people.

Maybe try not to take things so seriously? It was a facetious statement based on the ever increasing attendance at the Canadian Finals. Do I need a special font or something to show that it's not something to be taken so serious and black and white?

Now, now fsubone, you can't come in here and use facts on actual attendance. We all know there were' 3.7 million in that stadium in 1981, and 4.5 million in there in 1982. Not to mention that on PBS they recorded the highest viewership of any television program EVER, I mean, even if 10 billion watch something 100 years from now, that won't be as many as watched the 81 and 82 championships.

So glad for this thread. People like you, fsubone, come in and give facts, while others spout off what they heard or think, or wish, or want it to be, and for some reason, they can't be wrong.

• Like 1

Well, since I havew been demanded on a number of occasions over the last several months to back up my commentary with statistical facts, and have done so on more than a half dozen previous occasions to back up my claims with data sources and liinks provided ( until such time this week when I got tired of of doing so ad nauseum ) I am going to state that I do not believe you have a scintilla of data to factually back up your assertion that DCI attendance in Montreal in '81, '82 was lower.. or as you state here " right in line " with other ( last 3 years in Lucas ? ) Finals venue. s As such, please do the following for us :

A) show us your cite source... link it please ( as I've done with mine as recently as this week.. on 3 separate occasions too on other topics that it was demanded of me that I link my sources... and did so)

If you can't cite the source, then the only conclusion is that you have simply made it all up, Now, since its assumed that you don't want to look foolish by having entirely made something up , I would imagine that you can link your source. Its a simple request, and most DCPers would seem to agree with this simple request it would seem to me.If you can cite your source that DCI Finals in Montreall was in line ( as you state here " by few thousand ", with Finals held at Lucas then I will graciously retrack my reply here to you that this is patently false and that " you are making this up ". But if you can't produce the cite with a link, then you have done just so :..." just made it all up."

I was in attendance in Montreal in '81, 82 ( I have gone to Finals in every decade since its inception ). Were you in attendance at Finals in Montreal ? I seriously doubt it, as if you were there there is no way in the world that you would denigrate the size of the audience that took the time and expense to go up to Montreal for their Finals there. SO... put up your link that refutes my commentary reply to you that the attendance in Montreal in 81, 82 was far larger than Finals in any recent year at Lucas Stadium in Indianapolis. Again, for the record, a chronological following of the thread discussion here will find YOU wanting ininitally to do the comparison of the attendance with the last few years to that of BITD DCI.... not me. So you got your discussion and then began ( with another poster ) to ridicule those who were there with their observations on audience size and accusing people like me of exaggerating the attendance numbers ( for the record, I NEVER engaged in exaggerating the attendance numbers in Montreal Finals on this thread... so that was a real cheap shot, imo ). So.. put up your link source, or let the record show that you : " made it all up ".

Edited by BRASSO

So glad for this thread. People like you, fsubone, come in and give facts, while others spout off what they heard or think, or wish, or want it to be, and for some reason, they can't be wrong.

We will await his link for his" facts".

psst... he doesn't have them. He made them up. His " facts " in his commentary that DCI states that attendence at Finals in Montreal was ( his quote from DCI ) " was within a few thousand in attendance "of what was in Lucas the last few years. Whats " a couple " of thousand ? 2 thousand ? ......- 3- 4- 5 thousand ? Thats simply not true. And he has none.. ..zip.... nada.... zilch;.... links to support his " facts " on this frankly. I ought to know too. I was in Lucas( once )... and I was in Montreal ( in both '81, 82 ) too.

Edited by BRASSO

I was in attendance in Montreal in '81, 82 ( I have gone to Finals in every decade since its inception ). Were YOU in attendance at Finals in Montreal ? Either year there ? I seriously doubt it, as if you were there there is no way in the world that you would denigrate the size of the audience that took the time and expense to go up to Montreal for their Finals there. SO... put up your link that refutes my commentary reply to you that the attendance in Montreal in 81, 82 was larger than Finals in any recent year at Lucas Stadium in Indianapolis.

Nope, wasn't even alive. I'm not saying it was higher than Lucas Oil's attendance, please point out exactly where I put that. I was saying that Montreal was in line with the other Finals competitions around it. It wasn't some massive jump in comparison to the years right around it. I also didn't denigrate the audience, geez. And it's been talked about that corps that didn't perform in Finals used to purchase tickets for their kids, so that would have been counted into the paid attendance figures, even if it was discounted. With 80~ corps at Finals in 1981, that means that at least 68 corps didn't make Finals. Even if they had 80 members, that's 5,440 people that would be counted into paid attendance. Now, any corps that competes gets special wristbands, so are no longer counted in paid attendance for the year. This could be why we see a drop-off in attendance, amongst other reasons.

• Like 1

Um, bigger stadiums with more tickets sold equals more than 3 nights at NIU during DCM that at the time seated 4,000 concert side, which was the side used. So um, simple math. But yeah, I'm silly for using facts and simple math. My bad.

I guess I should take the ignorant approach and pretend I'm in the majority as well.

NIU only seated 4,000 concert side? Wow, I didn't realize that...

No, your point was that attendance in 1981 and 1982 was higher than it's ever been for other Finals. The Montreal Finals always get talked up as . Do I need a special font or something to show that it's not something to be taken so serious and black and white?

No.. to be precise, I said that both yesrs in Montreal were much larger in Finals attendance than any years of recent at Lucas in Indy. I never stated that Montreal Finals " was the higher than itst ever been " for DCI, ( although my guess it might just have been, or certainly near the highest, imo ).

Yes, its getting to the point that you probably might want to consider having a special font for yourseolf to have us remember not to take you seriously here on your postings, as you just throw inaccurate stuff out there with seemingly regularity... its not such a bad idea for consideration that you came up with, imo

And just in case we've forgotten the OPs original quesion:

So we all know that MS was in favor of the new law that permits all brass. I have been hearing things about Madison Scouts trombone auditions. Does this mean they will be any marching with them? Or just them auditioning for Bari on a trombone?

Edited by DrumManTx

Yes, its getting to the point that you probably might want to consider having a special font for yourseolf to have us remember not to take you seriously here on your postings, as you just throw inaccurate stuff out there with seemingly regularity... its not such a bad idea for consideration that you came up with, imo

Wow, you've got me so figured out. I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about at all. Or maybe, just maybe, I do say things that are right, but you won't believe anyone but yourself, so you say they're all inaccurate. That seems to be what you do around here.

Others on here do seem to take what I write seriously and enjoy it. You seem to be the only one that has a problem with what I put on here. But I do put stuff up that's sarcastic or not to be taken seriously. I'll be sure to attach little notes to it in the future just for your clarification.

• Like 2