What would you do?

And if there are no cuts (of significance) to make, the tour can't be trimmed, and the corps is on the verge of contending for top-12?

Then what?

“Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead!

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger.”

William Shakespeare, Henry V

Or, "What, this again?"

Cripes...sounds like Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain at Little Round Top.

• Like 1

Seems we scared Stu away...

Have not been scared away; just took time-off for what I personally consider as the most important and introspective weekend to me and my family each year.

Anyway, while this scenario was hypothetical, I was hoping it would stay near the realm of being somewhat realistic (sort of discussing life-like situations to ‘work’ our way out of as if we were the Glassmen, Teal, Revolution, Forte, and all of the other corps who possibly could have done something prior to meeting their demise). None of those corps had a Board which could go ‘poof’ here is $150,000; and I was hoping to generate more discussion on DCP concerning realistic solutions; unless, of course, the only ‘realistic solution’ is for a corps to have an ultra-rich ultra-powerful sitting Board who can fly into the rescue when things get rough and save the day, then this solution for Fictitious will suffice. Oh well, DCP is what it is.

Anyway, while this scenario was hypothetical, I was hoping it would stay near the realm of being somewhat realistic (sort of discussing life-like situations to ‘work’ our way out of as if we were the Glassmen, Teal, Revolution, Forte, and all of the other corps who possibly could have done something prior to meeting their demise). None of those corps had a Board which could go ‘poof’ here is $150,000; and I was hoping to generate more discussion on DCP concerning realistic solutions; unless, of course, the only ‘realistic solution’ is for a corps to have an ultra-rich ultra-powerful sitting Board who can fly into the rescue when things get rough and save the day, then this solution for Fictitious will suffice. Oh well, DCP is what it is.

I've been a periodic reader of this thread so I do not know if "I was hoping it would stay near the realm of being somewhat realistic" was requested on page one and I'm too lazy right now to check. The majority of posters on DCP will out knowledge me on many of the topics being discussed on their bad day, but my gut tells me you maybe didn't consider the what if's of what might be discussed and have been scrambling for some time once others really added relevant ideas. And the tea leaves are telling me there are others who may enjoy shooting your initial premise full of holes.