DCA Fan Network and Online Shows for 2014?

I really, REALLY wish there was a combined DCI/DCA Fan Network package or a discount for buying both. There's no reason there isn't given it's the exact same service.

How far back do the DCI archives go?

I really, REALLY wish there was a combined DCI/DCA Fan Network package or a discount for buying both. There's no reason there isn't given it's the exact same service.

yeah if I had one complaint about the DCA side it's the price given how much pre-2002 isn't there.

How far back do the DCI archives go?

*sigh*

*sigh*

well, let's be honest. 72 and 73 they had to rely on recordings others made. DCI started recording stuff in 74 themselves. DCA that I know of didn't video anything professionally til 88. it's been with a hodgepodge of companies over the years, and of course DCA didn't get big into licensing until what 6/7 years ago?

So even if people are willing to donate old recordings, the licensing stuff can't be cheap.

well, let's be honest. 72 and 73 they had to rely on recordings others made. DCI started recording stuff in 74 themselves. DCA that I know of didn't video anything professionally til 88. it's been with a hodgepodge of companies over the years, and of course DCA didn't get big into licensing until what 6/7 years ago?

So even if people are willing to donate old recordings, the licensing stuff can't be cheap.

Not complaining as understand what DCA is going against, especially with the less than deep pockets they have..... DCP (and Tom P, Gary M, Frank D, etc, etc) have given me a real lesson in the licensing cluster bleep.

Just a "wouldn't it be nice" as they say at work when something next to impossible to get would help.....

Until then just have to settle for what shows up on YT and corps sites from time to time. At least I can download (for my own home use - cover my ###) at least one of the corps sites vids. And getting the new laptop hooked up to the TV helps too.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not complaining as understand what DCA is going against, especially with the less than deep pockets they have..... DCP (and Tom P, Gary M, Frank D, etc, etc) have given me a real lesson in the licensing cluster bleep.

Just a "wouldn't it be nice" as they say at work when something next to impossible to get would help.....

Until then just have to settle for what shows up on YT and corps sites from time to time. At least I can download (for my own home use - cover my ###) at least one of the corps sites vids. And getting the new laptop hooked up to the TV helps too.....

well and the folks that have the rights to old videos have to cooperate too. Don't know the story there.

I'm sure there's a lot we don't know

well and the folks that have the rights to old videos have to cooperate too. Don't know the story there.

I'm sure there's a lot we don't know

Yep, that's another part of the puzzle IIRC. Threads on DCP had covered the current headaches of legalities needed for performing, recording, etc, etc. For the older stuff who knows what legalities were taken care of by the people recording as DC was really under the radar.

But even if nothing legal was done otherwise..... the rights to the recording itself has to be cleared. Wonder how long it took DCW to get the rights to the Ken Kobold(sp?), Stetson Richmond, Alf W and others. And last I saw, DCW had a link for the Fleetwood recordings as DCW does not have the right to them. Just reminded me of a place I used to go for to get old recordings, last I saw the list of shows they can sell got really whacked. By accident I found out the rights holder raised Cain and.. that... was... that....

Edit: LOL still have my cassette of 1975 Carlisle show. IIRC a friend of one of the corps BoD was going to start a side business of recording something (no idea the details). So he got the reel to reel and recorded the show as a practice run. Corps members could buy a copy for a couple of bucks if they wanted. Sure no legalities ever covered on that one and where would you go to get the rights to the recording itself. Never even heard the guys name and can't remember who gave permission (Kern?.... Larry???.. ???). Cassette exists but in a legal limbo land....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yep, that's another part of the puzzle IIRC. Threads on DCP had covered the current headaches of legalities needed for performing, recording, etc, etc. For the older stuff who knows what legalities were taken care of by the people recording as DC was really under the radar.

But even if nothing legal was done otherwise..... the rights to the recording itself has to be cleared. Wonder how long it took DCW to get the rights to the Ken Kobold(sp?), Stetson Richmond, Alf W and others. And last I saw, DCW had a link for the Fleetwood recordings as DCW does not have the right to them. Just reminded me of a place I used to go for to get old recordings, last I saw the list of shows they can sell got really whacked. By accident I found out the rights holder raised Cain and.. that... was... that....

Edit: LOL still have my cassette of 1975 Carlisle show. IIRC a friend of one of the corps BoD was going to start a side business of recording something (no idea the details). So he got the reel to reel and recorded the show as a practice run. Corps members could buy a copy for a couple of bucks if they wanted. Sure no legalities ever covered on that one and where would you go to get the rights to the recording itself. Never even heard the guys name and can't remember who gave permission (Kern?.... Larry???.. ???). Cassette exists but in a legal limbo land....

i'll take a copy