DCPI Season 22 Discussion

I was not expecting that. We definitely made some good improvements to the show in rehearsals yesterday (getting a revised pre-show on the field finally last night, and tweaking some of the visual effects throughout), but I was not expecting it to improve us that much.

Best of luck to everyone for finals!

Pride of Salem and Spartan Vanguard will not be getting on the buses just yet. We are staying in Minneapolis for one more day to cheer on every group performing at finals!

WAY TO GO IVORY BRIGADE! First season--bring it home for CLASS!!! so glad we got you over to this version of Marching Arts!!!

Scores from finals night have been posted, and congratulations to our season 22 champions, Ivory Brigade, Mercury and Xothyme! And I want to give a special recognition to Circle City Sound for putting on the show of their lives and making what has to be the biggest finals-night jump in DCPI history in moving up from 10th place to 2nd and almost taking the World Class title for themselves. Here are the medalists for each division:

World Class top 3:

Ivory Brigade: 97.0

Circle City Sound: 96.93

Quiksilver: 96.91

Open Class top 3:

Mercury: 94.115

Buckeye Brass B: 93.885

Star of Hawaii: 93.855

Class A top 3:

Xothyme: 91.3

Buckeye Brass C: 91.16

Cross: 91.1

I've also just finished tallying the final Sweepstakes standings, and here are the winners for this season:

World Class: Star of Jupiter, 64 points

Open Class: Mercury, 66 points

Class A and Grand Champion: Cross, 77 points

Full final results will be posted in the Sweepstakes thread shortly.

On behalf of all of the directors, THANK YOU all for making this one of the best seasons we've had in a long time! It was extremely competitive, and that's thanks in large part to many of the new directors that joined our ranks this season. I hope you'll all come back for another season, and we'll see you at the Rules Congress later this fall in October! Until next time, great season, and good night!

:smile:

• Like 1

Well, that went better than expected. The Texas Zephyrs tie their second highest placement in a live season. Not too shabby for a corps that was out of the top twelve in prelims.

Congratulations of course to Ivory Brigade! Special congratulations to the Violet Knights as well for receiving sixth themselves in their first season. It's a corps near and dear to my heart--not only would I consider them the Texas Zephyrs' sister corps, they actually are my sister's corps. Kudos to them.

And now back to the spreadsheet drawing board for this coming season, as we attempt to make it an off-season threepeat.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 1

Just use blue devils for ge and visual and nothing for the others and you'll win lol

Who can beat the summer live season for its unpredictability.

Congrats to the champions. Ivory Brigade in their first season! Mercury was tough all summer and wins it's 3rd. And our friends at Xothyme on their second gold.

We are proud of all our corps. Star of Jupiter had a tough visual Saturday night but doesn't diminish the strong season they had. Star of Hawaii receives it's 12th medal in Open competition. Bronze for Cross. 4th time Cross has been overall sweepstakes winner.

This summer should really be remembered as the "Year of the Blue".

Blue Devils from 2nd to 1st

Bluecoats from 5th to 2nd

Blue Knights from 10th to 8th

Blue Stars from 12th to 9th

I echo what Matt said. It's been a very competitive summer. I hope all the directors and corps are back for the Winter season.

Congratulations to all! I was off watching Tilt and the record-smashing Felliniesque in person and could do only minimal caption analysis and adjustments each night.

Echoing the others, I would invite all DCPI directors to please remember to return in December for registration for the 2015 Winter season which should be starting in January, 2015!

10th to 2nd for Circle City Sound?! I'll take that!! Congrats to all on a great season! Looking forward to the next one!

This was a nice surprise to come home to after being away from the internet for the past week. I was expecting to be much farther down with all of my groups but they all put in some great performances when it counted. Ivory Brigade especially eeking out some amazing corps for first place in their rookie season.

Congrats to Mercury and Xothyme as well for besting Open and A Classes.