Shows on YouTube

What corps have videos on YouTube of either a run through or performance? If anyone knows of any, could you post the link in this topic? Thanks

Umm... U wanna explain why you respond that way? I wanna know if there are shows on YouTube and I'm going to ask if there are. I'm sorry if that offends you but I really don't know what's wrong with what I did. Thank you

Umm... U wanna explain why you respond that way? I wanna know if there are shows on YouTube and I'm going to ask if there are. I'm sorry if that offends you but I really don't know what's wrong with what I did. Thank you

Because it violates the forum rules. It also keeps DCI off of dcp's back, so this forum can continue to operate and we can share our love of the activity with each other through discussion.

• Like 2

They've revised this rule like last year I believe. This question was posed in one of the other forums on this site, that without videos the forums would die in a visual activity. I agree. Also, Madisonscoutsfan, it is very easy to look for updated videos on youtube each day.

They've revised this rule like last year I believe. This question was posed in one of the other forums on this site, that without videos the forums would die in a visual activity. I agree. Also, Madisonscoutsfan, it is very easy to look for updated videos on youtube each day.

OP is not asking for corps sponsored or DCI sponsored content. OP is asking for show and performance runs.

The rule was revised, but I don't think it was ever intended that this site would be used to find pirated versions of whole shows, as drum corps are pretty avid about keeping those off of youtube. Those kinds of videos rarely last longer than a few hours before being taken down. Sure, these things get shared. There are a couple of examples in other threads.

That being said, starting a thread looking for those very videos that drum corps are adamant about stopping is the kind of thing that will catch DCI's attention and that's not something we want for the forums. Search Youtube if you want to find those kinds of links. Don't ask on a public forum as its a) rude to expect other people to do your searching for you and b) arguably a violation of the forum policies (haven't read that part very carefully).

• Like 1

OP is not asking for corps sponsored or DCI sponsored content. OP is asking for show and performance runs.

Yes, he's asking for legit sources as far as I can tell. DCI's YouTube had the stream of Crown's performance for a while, which you could go back and watch at any time. Not sure if it's still up.

Yes, he's asking for legit sources as far as I can tell. DCI's YouTube had the stream of Crown's performance for a while, which you could go back and watch at any time. Not sure if it's still up.

I think it's still up. Besides it's not hard to find videos of performances if you put in the effort.

"Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

UPDATE

In light of the fact that DCI, DCA, and many of their member corps have embraced YouTube as a resource for making video content available to the general public - we are amending our policy regarding links to YouTube videos of drum corps. Effective immediately, links to YouTube.com will be permitted for drum corps content.

DrumCorpsPlanet.com will continue to prohibit links to all other sites in-accordance with our long-standing policy on links to copyrighted materials.

DCI, DCA, and their member corps are solely responsible for ensuring that their content on YouTube is compliant with U.S. Copyright Law and for pursuing the removal of offending content from that site with YouTube's management. DrumCorpsPlanet.com will not host un-authorized content on our servers and with this change, only provides a link to content that is otherwise available to the public on the YouTube site. "