DCI West - Stanford, CA

Pretty solid show from BK. The drill actually looks really promising from the high cam. I bet the new uniforms look really good in person, but kind of hard to tell from the stream.

What was the narrator's text from? I got so tired of the circle poem last summer that they read like 80,000 times during the show. At least the text covers more ground this year.

I liked the Blue Knights' show. Good stuff!

I didn't get BK 2013 until the end of the season… I'll hold out hope.

Go Crossmen,, Hope they built on last years great season.
Alma Gitana: A Gypsy Soul - Bulgaria * Erghen Diado * Emmanuel * Zambra * Habanera from Carmen *Caravan

some cool tunes

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

9lS6pgM.jpg

Crossmen!

• Like 1

Not a fan of amplified solos. Really hard to get the balance right. That one stuck out too much.

I don't know... I think its one of the changes I can live with. Its not synthetic or artificial, and it IS a real, honest to goodness on field performer that is being promoted in the show with the mic'ed solo.

Pretty solid show from BK. The drill actually looks really promising from the high cam. I bet the new uniforms look really good in person, but kind of hard to tell from the stream.

What was the narrator's text from? I got so tired of the circle poem last summer that they read like 80,000 times during the show. At least the text covers more ground this year.

Narration was from "American Beauty."

I'll tell you what, Blue Knights guard staff sure knows how to pick a color scheme, can't think of a show the past few years that hasn't looked absolutely beautiful.

I agree totally with this.

It's 2014.... Narration helps tell the story. Drum Corps has evolved.. People we dont march with tympani anymore. Get use to Narration.

Some corps do it better than others. I actually thought BK's use of it was very effective. Mandarins' was pretty good too, in my opinion. There is one prominent corps, however, that uses it in a way that I find very condescending and obnoxious. I could do without that kind of narration in drum corps.