DCI West - Stanford, CA

Have a problem with some recent posts?

Saw the topic, and simply wondered "This was a show thread from a while back. What is there left to discuss?"

I was just surprised at the drift, is all. Maybe I shouldn't be. Thought I'd attempt a humorous remark...apparent failure.

Humor not missed, I had the same thought:)

Thought I'd attempt a humorous remark...apparent failure.

Then it seems I've once again misunderstood someone's post. My apologies. My thoughts were you knew they were not at the show since you can find the answer on your own and may be a little upset that the Coats became part of the discussion. Mea culpa.

A comparison might be: have a trumpeter record all the notes in his solo, and then have a synthesizer edit it and play it back on the field at a speed faster than human lips and fingers can manage: all 256th notes, or something like that. We couldn't fairly say that he was doing most of the work.

Especially since pre-recording always lowers the risk from a performance standpoint. Bluecoats GE should be high for this trick, but the brass judge shouldn't be giving them too much credit for it.

Well said, and with a good assessment and observation ( I probably say this because it mirrors mine.. haha!)