Crown's hornline?

I get the value of the tenth. But you're making an assessment of strength of a brass line based on where there at one show mid-season.

No one is disputing that they're not as clean as last season's line at this point in the season relative to the Cadets. But IMO it's not possible to say "the line is not as strong as last year" until the end of the season. The path is not always the same.

I think you're reaching. But we'll see. Personally, I think the writing is already on the wall. It looks very well set up for someone to take Crown down in brass this year. Blue Devils weren't even at the show Cadets and Crown were at last night. Throw them in and bet me it wouldn't have even been a bigger story for Crown and their brass competition this morning. And two nights ago BD scored the highest brass score for the season so far. You can reach for anything you can find to hold Crown's brass in the same esteem as last year if you want. But I think 2nd or 3rd in brass is looking quite possible for Crown this year. And that's the difference, it was not even a possibility last year. Edited by bmjfelts1988

So all of you who spent 18 pages arguing this topic with me a few weeks ago can now eat crap.

stay_classy.jpg

• Like 1

I think you're reaching. But we'll see. Personally, I think the writing is already on the wall. It looks very well set up for someone to take Crown down in brass this year. Blue Devils weren't even at the show Cadets and Crown were at last night. Throw them in and bet me it wouldn't have even been a bigger story for Crown and their brass competition this morning. And two nights ago BD scored the highest brass score for the season so far. You can reach for anything you can find to hold Crown's brass in the same esteem as last year if you want. But I think 2nd or 3rd in brass is looking quite possible for Crown this year. And that's the difference, it was not even a possibility last year.

Crown was second behind Cadets last night in brass. I think that is all that can be extrapolated. I would like people to remember, Cadets were very close to Crown all year in brass last season so it's not some huge upset that a corps that's only lost one show this year, beat Crown in brass. Having said that, I don't think Crown is worrying too much about their line nor should they.

Classy? On DCP? WHY!? It's never been that way before. Should I dig up some old postings of the Crown honks during their 3 month gloat fest from 2013?

The gaul of them right????

Acting like it was their first World Class Championship or something....

• Like 1

I think you're reaching. But we'll see. Personally, I think the writing is already on the wall. It looks very well set up for someone to take Crown down in brass this year. Blue Devils weren't even at the show Cadets and Crown were at last night. Throw them in and bet me it wouldn't have even been a bigger story for Crown and their brass competition this morning. And two nights ago BD scored the highest brass score for the season so far. You can reach for anything you can find to hold Crown's brass in the same esteem as last year if you want. But I think 2nd or 3rd in brass is looking quite possible for Crown this year. And that's the difference, it was not even a possibility last year.

It's perfectly ok for you to honk on BD. Go ahead; we won't judge you.

Such bitterness.

You need to...

Crown was second behind Cadets last night in brass. I think that is all that can be extrapolated. I would like people to remember, Cadets were very close to Crown all year in brass last season so it's not some huge upset that a corps that's only lost one show this year, beat Crown in brass. Having said that, I don't think Crown is worrying too much about their line nor should they.

I think you are eliminating someone from the picture. Blue Devils. They have been ON FIRE this year and their hornline is outstanding. Throw them in the mix after Crown losing brass to Cadets last night and I think it starts to look even more likely of Crown losing brass to SOMEONE come finals night.

But we shall see. Consider today's revisit of this thread a short commercial break. We can come back and discuss this more in another month.

Edited by bmjfelts1988

It's perfectly ok for you to honk on BD. Go ahead; we won't judge you.

Such bitterness.

You need to...

"Bitterness"? :-) I have nothing to be "bitter" about. If anything, I think a few Crown advocates are a little....uh.....shall we say....SOAR....after last night. LOL

"Bitterness"? :-) I have nothing to be "bitter" about. If anything, I think a few Crown advocates are a little....uh.....shall we say....SOAR....after last night. LOL

Yeah bitterness. You need to go back and read what you're posting :-)

It's ok to honk for BD. Really. It is. Plan9 will embrace you (even though he's an absentee father this season).

Yeah bitterness. You need to go back and read what you're posting :-)

It's ok to honk for BD. Really. It is. Plan9 will embrace you (even though he's an absentee father this season).

Yes, I know. DCP hates the Blue Devils. I know. I get it. Jealousy at it's finest (and you call ME bitter). Edited by bmjfelts1988