Merrillville Music Festival 6/24

Recap is up on DCi.org, happy BAC was close in analysis, not happy with performance, clean, clean, clean!!!

I feel like this show may pay off big with tweaks. Its incredibly challenging, as someone else said they seem to be slacking on music performsnce right now in order to keep up with the challenging visual program.

But i feel it has a higher ceiling than Madison's show, if they can pull it together.

• Like 4

I feel like this show may pay off big with tweaks. Its incredibly challenging, as someone else said they seem to be slacking on music performsnce right now in order to keep up with the challenging visual program.

But i feel it has a higher ceiling than Madison's show, if they can pull it together.

I totally agree. I love the Scouts and patiently hope for the day they win another championship, but I don't see this show taking them anywhere. About the only way I could describe it with one word is "adequate". The music is just okay, and the visual program is just not good. The staff are going to get those kids to maximize the show as they do every season, unfortunately the problem lies with in the design. They need to reconstruct some of the music to create more applause moments, and just completely rewrite about 90 pages of drill. As it stands now, Scouts won't even be on Boston's radar come August.

• Like 1

Yep and start running more laps every day for conditioning...they sure are going to need it!!!!...and work on upper body carriage...

• Like 1

I totally agree. I love the Scouts and patiently hope for the day they win another championship, but I don't see this show taking them anywhere. About the only way I could describe it with one word is "adequate". The music is just okay, and the visual program is just not good. The staff are going to get those kids to maximize the show as they do every season, unfortunately the problem lies with in the design. They need to reconstruct some of the music to create more applause moments, and just completely rewrite about 90 pages of drill. As it stands now, Scouts won't even be on Boston's radar come August.

Am I the only person who doesnt think much of Smith's arrranging? He just takes waaaay too much artistic license for my liking. Too much deviation from the original scores & chords. His style just doesnt seem to agree with Madison, IMHO.

Does anyonne know if Scouts snare line is 7 or are they missing one?

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 2

Am I the only person who doesnt think much of Smith's arrranging? He just takes waaaay too much artistic license for my liking. Too much deviation from the original scores & chords. His style just doesnt seem to agree with Madison, IMHO.

Yeah... I was just trying to be nice lol

I liked the stuff he wrote in the 90's for Orlando Magic...

• Like 2

Yep and start running more laps every day for conditioning...they sure are going to need it!!!!...and work on upper body carriage...

Wow! This is completely accurate. They are letting the show kick their butts right now.

Wow! This is completely accurate. They are letting the show kick their butts right now.

At Akron for the show, i dont know if it translated to theaters, but i may have noticed the G7 formation if i wasn't distracted by my ability to pick out which members were playing louder than others and notice their bouncing as well, on the left side of the G.

They were definitely spent by then. Anything to help their conditioning would benefit greatly.

Reminds me of SCV 2010.

You could of got on your bike and pedal over.

I would have been flattened by semis no less than eight times one-way alone.